Monday, October 29, 2007

until we meet in heaven...

Sharon from Sit With Me Awhile has come up with an excellent idea! With all of the blogging awards being passed around lately, she wanted to have her own 'award' created, so she had a friend make one up for her.

It is called "Sisters by Blood" and it was inspired by the thoughts of us all being sisters by the blood of Jesus. As "blogging buddies", we may never get to meet face-to-face in this lifetime. But through the blood of Christ, we are all united and we are 'sisters'. And we will all one day get to meet in heaven.


I am honoured to be a "Sister by Blood" to Sharon. This isn't an award that you pass around to only a few select people at a time. This is something that we can all claim for ourselves. If you are a fellow believe in Christ, you are my "Sister by Blood" and I would love for you to take this button and put it on your own blog.

I think I have a pretty good idea of which of my readers are Christians -- but I don't want to make any assumptions and get them wrong. SO...I will not list who this is for, but rather if you have a belief in Jesus Christ -- TAKE IT and pass it on. There is no limit to how many 'sisters' we can have.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

AMEN!

Pam said...

What a wonderful award! I'm comforted by the thought that I will meet my sisters one day and all my blogger buddies will be there in heaven! That is one girl get together I don't want to miss ;)

Regina said...

What an awesome award and sentiment! I love the fact that we all share "Blood Ties", what a great time will be had at the greatest family reunion of all time! I hope to see you all there!

Gloria said...

Isn't it funny how we sensor our comments so as not to offend the non-Christians? I am not chiding you by any means, just commenting on something I see myself doing as well. We should be calling out our Christian status from the rooftops of BigWay so there is no doubt of our beliefs. And if accidentally a non-Christian is given a Christian award, could it not be an opportunity for discussion?

Andrea said...

Gloria -- you make an excellent point. I was thinking last night how I worded it and wished I had said it differently.
But actually, I rather didn't want to MISS giving it to somebody who considered themselves a Christian, not the other way around.
I didn't want to be the one saying "well, YOU are deserving of this award because I KNOW you are a fellow believer, but since I don't know if YOU are one, I'm not passing it out to you."
You know?
I didn't want anybody to feel left out. If they felt they wanted to be a part of it -- then they should GO FOR IT!
Make sense?
I really hope I didn't offend anybody, that was definitely not the intention of this.

Melanie said...

This is a wonderful award! Isn't it great to know that one day we will all meet!!