Saturday, November 24, 2007

birthday decorations

I am f-i-n-a-l-l-y starting to really feel like I'm in the Christmas spirit...better late than never, right? Here are some of the ways we are decorating for the BIG birthday bash!

On Thursday Les took the time to put up our brand new Christmas lights...they don't show up very well on the picture above, but they look brighter in real life (anybody wanna come over to see them in their full glory?). Now we are adding to the beautiful view at night.

I also dug out my Precious Moments Nativity Scene that we received as a wedding gift, and our beautiful wreath has been gracing our front door for about a week now.

Ah...and here is a picture of my beautiful apple tree enduring its first frost. Isn't it gorgeous?

These are the images that greet my eyes these days, and that along with lovely Christmas music playing in the background make me look forward to celebrating this wonderful season with family and friends.

Now we just need that Christmas tree....

9 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

I love the Nativity scene! I so need to get me one of those. Technically, I have one, but it's still sitting somewhere unpainted. I can't even remember anymore who has it!!

Regina said...

woohoo! we plan to start decorating next weekend, My kids feel that Thanksgiving gets shafted by being sandwhiched between halloween and christmas! So we have to give thanksgivng "It's Time!"
I LOVE CHRISTMAS, I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!

Pam said...

I love the Nativity scene! Gary just pulled our boxes down from the attic and Ashlyn asked what that little house was for....she played with it all last Christmas, I guess she doesn't remember. I tried to explain to her that it was where the baby Jesus would sleep...she looked at me and said - mom, those are just toys, they don't really sleep. Oh, wisdom! ;)

I love the lights around the house...I sure would like to come see those in person. Are you up for some house guests? ;) I also love your 'frosty' tree.

I'm sending you a real email next! Just wanted to check out your blog first!

Pamela said...

We put our tree UP yesterday but since Kiandra was not home, we will finally decorate it tomorrow! I just love Christmas decorations!

Rebecca said...

Wow, if you are 'finally' getting into the spirit than I'm far behind. We'll get the tree next weekend & decorate. The holidays don't seem right this year but I'm sure my kids will help get me in the mood.

WorksForMom said...

Wow, beautiful shots. The holidaze fever is definitely catching here too.

Louise said...

I LOVE Christmas and decorating for the wonderful day!
I SOOOO wish I had Christmas lights but somehow we never got to it this year yet! oh well
Your Nativity scene is very sweet!

Melanie said...

I love the decorations. I collect precious moments so I am so jealous of your nativity scene.

Sharon said...

We have two nativity scenes packed away somewhere. One of them is missing most of the animals and the other has a de-headed Mary. Julia thought it was fun playing with the scene. Ceramics and children do not go to well together. I think she thought we brought it out each year just so she would have something else to play with.
One day in our new house we will have an all together nativity scene.