Thursday, November 1, 2007

deep (?) thought

Today while I was reading the girls a Mickey & Minnie story, I was reminded of something that Joey on Full House pointed out in one of their episodes many, many years ago (and no -- I don't actually remember the comment from way back...I admit to watching re-runs on rare occasions).
He was refering to the characters Goofy & Pluto, and the point he made is clearly shown on the page from the book I was reading today.

Now, both Goofy & Pluto are dogs -- yet Goofy wears clothes, walks and talks and eats like a 'person', yet Pluto is a pet who is actually like a normal dog...he walks on all fours, wears a collar, has a dog house and eats out of a dish.

Ponder that for a moment...

6 comments:

Pam said...

Yeah...I have never quite understood the goofy/pluto thing....

ValleyGirl said...

Yeah, and why is Donald almost impossible to understand, but Daisy, Huey, Dewey, Louie, and even ol' Scrooge McDuck all have relatively normal voices? Dang it, it's INCONSISTENT, I tell you!!!!!!

Sharon said...

Hmmmmmmm...too deep for me. ;)

WorksForMom said...

Consider it PONDERED! Hmmph.

Rebecca said...

Growing up I always wondered just what Goofy was exactly, didn't buy into him being a dog because Pluto was a dog and their 'lives' were completely different. I don't get it.

Melanie said...

I've never gotten it either. I always have to look at them for a minute to figure out which one is which.