Sunday, November 11, 2007

here comes the bride (and SIX flowergirls)

Yesterday my family participated in a wonderful celebration...the wedding of my brother and brand new sister-in-law. (which was the reason behind my wedding-related survey questions this week) Don't be surprised if you didn't know there even was a wedding in the works -- afterall, we only found out last Sunday night ourselves!!




My brother has 6 beautiful neices, all of whom were flowergirls at their ceremony. My mom bought them adorable matching dresses during the week and of course I had to post pictures!

Here are a few of just my two girls at home after we got them ready.

Check out the sister love! How precious!!











And now here are a couple of group shots of all six princesses together. They all did very well, especially considering that the wedding was during some of their regular nap times (however only 5 out of the 6 ended up actually walking down the aisle...can you guess which one didn't?).




From left to right in the picture below:

Malia (2) ~~ Olivia (2) ~~ Joelle (4) ~~ Emma (6) ~~ Elliott (2) ~~ Sophia (4)



And of course here are some pictures of the very happy couple. What a photogenic pair!



And just to end off...I had to show you a picture of how I did Joelle's hair. Isn't it gorgeous??

(And yes, Les did do Malia's hair for the wedding, but it was nothing like how he did Joelle's the other day. He did two perfect little pig-tails and she was adorable too.)

20 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Those girls are so cute all together with their matching little dresses!

Gloria said...

what fun! how beautiful all the girls looked in their matching dresses. That is a photo to hold on to for life!

jackie said...

Adorable girls!!! And a beautiful, happy couple! Sometimes I wish I could experience my wedding day again!

Kellan said...

Congratulations to you brother and his new wife!!! What a beautiful wedding and what beautiful pictures! Those flower girls are simply adorable - what a great addition to a bunch of great wedding photos and memories!!! Thanks for sharing this special day - the day your brother got married. Take care.

Pam said...

Everyone looks beautiful. I'm so glad it was a great day! I do love the picture of the sister love! Sibling love is the best! The matching dresses...too stinkin' cute! Love it. The bride and groom look so happy! Love the hair too- can you come live here and do Ashlyn's hair? She NEVER lets me do anything to her hair except comb it.

Sharon said...

What sweet pictures.
And what a fantastic wedding for such short notice. It is beautiful. They will have some precious memories.
And where is the picture of you?
We know you were there.;)

WorksForMom said...

Wow, beautiful pictures and adorable flower girls. I love those colors. Congrats to your family!

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

That's awesome that your brother got married. They look so happy and the girls look so cute. Wow! 6 nieces. I'm kinda hoping the other two babies will be girls.

Rebecca said...

Looks like it was a beautiful wedding! Good for them on pulling it together on such short notice. All of the little girls are adorable. I think having multiple flower girls are a GREAT idea, then if one doesn't make it down the aisle you've still got one (or five) up there. One of my little sisters was a flower girl at my oldest little sister's wedding & the only proof we have of that are photos from the rehearsal and group pictures afterward.

andrea said...

Now that is a beautiful wedding. it's amazing how wonderful it looks with just a few days to prepare for it. why did we spend half a year planning ours? the girls are so very cute. i like the dresses! too cute really!!!
the way you did Joelle's hair is stunning. sorry she didn't walk down the aisle, such a different experience i suppose! you have such pretty girls!!!

Common Mom said...

Oh my - the girls are all adorable - and the bride and groom an amazingly beautiful couple. Looks like a good time was had by all :-)

Melanie said...

The girls are adorable. What beautiful dresses. Of course- your brother and his new wife look great too.

Amazing job on the hair- you have quite a talent.

I'm going to guess that Malia did not walk down the aisle.

Andrea said...

Melanie -- actually it was Joelle who didn't make it down the aisle. For those who know Joelle in person, I'm sure that was an obvious answer!! Malia apparantly went down just fine, smiling the whole way (but of course I missed it since I was dealing with Joelle's freak-out!).

Amanda said...

Beautiful pictures. Very adorable flower girls. Congratulations to your brother.

Louise said...

That is such a cute pic with all the girls together!! Great pictures and very cute hair too~!

Regina said...

WOW! What a beautiful set of pictures! What an awesome reason to celebrate! Everyone looks beautiful (sorry...and handsome!). But the flowergirls...heavenly!
Be Blessed1

Tara said...

What adorable pictures!

Pamela said...

Great photos! What a nice surprise and how nice to share in their big day!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Oh my word those are the most adorable little girls!! I love their matching dresses. They must be a lot of fun when they all get together.

Joelle's hair is beautiful! You're very talented.