Tuesday, November 20, 2007

hmmm....this idea has potential

I need business cards. Wanna know what for? Being a labour-inducer. Seriously. I bring labour on in pregnant women (luckily not pre-mature labour...at least not so far).

Let me explain...

Rewind 6 1/2 years ago, March 30, 2001. I had made plans with my very pregnant sister Tammy to meet me for lunch on my lunch break this particular Friday (Boston Pizza...mmmm). You know -- unless she went into labour. But this was her due date and let's face it...who actually has their baby right on their due date (especially their first baby)? Well, lo and behold, I get to work that morning and I have a voice mail message from my brother-in-law telling me that Tammy won't be able to make it for lunch as her water broke earlier that morning. Okay, plans cancelled (I had to settle for McDonald's since I hadn't brought a lunch to work).

Fast forward to November 17, 2004. I had made plans with my very pregnant friend Jackie for after work. I called her as I was leaving the office to confirm where we were going to meet. What did she say when she answered the phone? "Uh, Andrea -- I think I'm in labour." Huh. Look at that. Another rain check.

This brings us to today -- November 20, 2007. Yesterday I had made plans for my very pregnant sister Michelle and her daughter to come over to my place for a play-date tomorrow morning (I bet you know where this is going...). Well, wouldn't you know it -- she went into labour last night and as of shortly before 10:30am today gave birth to a beautiful child. Ditched again!

So really -- I'm thinking this could be a very successful business.

Are you very pregnant? Are you ready to get this all over with and finally meet your child? Not interested in eating spicy foods, going for long walks or drinking castor oil to bring on labour? Don't worry -- not necessary. Call ME and make plans to get together. I have a pretty high success rate!

Now I just need to think of a creative business name...

Okay, now on to the birth announcement. I know you're all dying to know what she had. Well, after having 6 beautiful nieces and 2 daughters of my own, I am now the very proud auntie of my very first n-e-p-h-e-w. Yes, you read that right. They had a BOY!! (and yes, they double-checked...they're sure!) I haven't asked permission yet to share all of the details online, so I'll wait until I have that from them before I tell you the the rest of the info.

13 comments:

Pam said...

Sounds like a very lucrative business. I don't know a pregnant woman who doesn't want someone to help bring on their labor. I could have used you 7 months ago ;) As for a name, uhmm, how about Bringing on the Baby...or Causing Pain (okay, just kidding there!)

Ruth said...

haha! i could have used your services when I due to have Shiloh. i was 10 days over due!!!!!

CONGRATS TO MICHELLE AND HER FAMILY!! that is sooooo super!

Erin said...

That's awesome that there is finally a boy! He's going to get spoiled rotten : ) And if I'm ever pregnant again and need some labour action, I'll call you.

And look at me being able to comment from the record breaking 32 kbps that my dial-up is flying at right now...Woohoo!

Gloria said...

Interesting gift you have there.

pam d said...

What are you doing around the middle of April '08? Maybe we should make some plans. ;)

Andrea said...

pam d -- sure! but i should warn you, by that time i'm sure my business will be BOOMING so i could be rather pricey....

:)

Cindy said...

Congratulations Andrea - on becoming an Auntie to a lucky little boy...and on being so talented as to induce labour...I'm not surprised by this gift you have!...:)

pamj said...

YAY that's awesome there is finally a boy in the family!! Maybe there will be another in a few months?!?!? Either way that lil boy will have lots of girls to play with!!

I will keep you in mind for next time :) as long as your new biz is still around!

Pamela said...

lol! When I read "pam d" and saw April 2008...my first thought was what??? am I finding out that pam's pregnant on your blog! lol!
Congrats on the new nephew!

Leeann said...

LOL! I will be calling you the next time!

Leeann said...

LOL! I will be calling you the next time!

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

What?! I didn't know that you had the gift. Where the heck were you when I needed Asha to come? She was two weeks late! Maybe next time....:)

Common Mom said...

I apparently can tell people when they're prego before they even know, and you get them to give birth - we should team up! I've had many dreams that I'm pregnant - but I know I'm not - so I go to work and ask my boss if her daughter, Christie is pregnant again - she says no. 2 weeks later - Christie says she's pregnant! I have a dream that I'm prego - I call my friend, Jenn, who has been trying - are you prego.? No? OK . . . 2 weeks later, she tells me they just found out they're prego! I have a dream that I'm pregnant . . . I'm not. I talk to the neighbors across the street, the ones with 5 children who say they are done - um, they now have 7 children - yup - they were prego when I had my dream! I have another dream that I'm pregnant, so I call Jenn again - are you pregnant? Nope? OK. 3 weeks later, I get an email from her that says "Can you dream that I won the lottery, too?" Yup - you guessed it pregnant - baby Claire was born this past October.

I'm tellin' ya - we'd make a great team!

And, congrat's on the new nephew :-)