Thursday, November 1, 2007

it's time to decide

I need some help with a decision. My hair. It's getting to that stage again where it is desperate need of a trim -- my bangs especially!

But I can't decide if I want to just trim it to make it look healthier again, but then try to grow it out longer again like the picture to the left (ignore the cheesy smile, please...it was Joelle giving our new digital camera a 'test drive' and I cut my hair a few days later, so this is the only picture I have!)..........




.......or if I want to just cut it all quite a bit shorter again so it looks more like this current picture (but even shorter than this, actully).

Either way, I can't leave it how it is now. But what do I do? Give it a healthy trim and the go for the length? Or keep it short, short, short?

Here's where Y-O-U all come in. I want your opinions. I am changing the survey question on my sidebar to be about this -- so please take the time to give me your opinion!




Also, the survey question will only be about the length -- so if you have any other comments or suggestions (like color; I'm sure you noticed that my hair was more reddish in the top picture...the bottom picture is my natural colour), please leave me a comment with your thoughts and ideas.

And even if you do vote for the length -- you could still leave a comment...sometimes it's nice to know who is voting for what.

15 comments:

Sheldon said...

I'd say go purple, but you would never do something like that. Or you do what I suggested you do waaaayyy back during the no coke phase, and just SHAVE IT ALL OFF. Then you would not have to deal with hair anymore... Change is good (not that there's anything wrong the hair now). Have fun.

Amanda said...

You look good in both pics. But I pick short hair, it really suits you.

Anonymous said...

While I love Sheldon's purple suggestion... I'm trying to imagine you in something like Pam's short bob. I think it might look good that length- but I know you usually have your hair with more texture. I think it could still really work. Just a thought!

Krista

Louise said...

Ummm not sure on that one...they are both cute! I know of a great stylist if your are looking though!!! Can't wait to see the pics of your new do!!
Try the purple!! HEEHEE

Pam said...

Well, I am a long hair girl...I don't know why, but all my life I have been into long hair. Shoulder length hair is short for me! So I say- go for the length. What if you did your natural color with a few highlights and some really cool side swept bangs? Some layers for texture and then you can flip them out when you want to. But really, it is your hair...so go with what you like best!

ValleyGirl said...

You know what my hair looks like. I'm pretty sure I'm not qualified to answer your question.

Sharon said...

I love the long and red--and the cheesy smile. You are beautiful. You have a very open friendly face. That is a good thing!

WorksForMom said...

I voted grow it out again. ONLY because it's easy to do a few more styles with (a ponytail, pulled back,...). BUT you look awesome in both, so you really can't go wrong Andrea.

Regina said...

Longer gives you a few more style options, but the short gives you a lovely youthful look! Ultimately it is YOU who has to live with it!
So sorry I can't really be of any assistanbce because I love short hair cuts!
Blessings!

Rebecca said...

I voted for growing it out again. Let us know what you decide to do & show us pictures after your trim or cut.

Ruth said...

my vote -- for what its worth -- it to grow, grow, GROW!!

but then again, this suggestion comes from a girl who once sported an orange afro. :)

happy friday andrea!

Melanie said...

I really like both looks. But, I LOVE the shorter hair and the blond color. Of course with the short look you have to style it. With the longer look you have the option to pull it back on those days when there's no time to do anything with it.

Bailey said...

Since both lengths look good on you, I say that you should aim at whichever length makes you feel better. Which one gives you more confidence?
Sometimes we can cling to an inappropriate hairstyle because it is known & comfortable, and in that case I wouldn't leave the choice up to the wearer! But in this case they both look good - you should choose which one makes you feel great about yourself.

Anonymous said...

I'd say grow it out a bit more and make it curly. I love naturally curly hair and I know yours is quite pretty. As far as color goes...I think that you should go darker...add low lites and get some new highlights. It gives a good dimension to your hair and makes it look a lot thicker and richer. It's something to think about as the season of winter is fast approaching.
From one of your favorite hairdressers. You know who I am. Call me sometime...It's an order.

Pam said...

I know it is days since you posted this...but here is what I do when I am looking for a new style...I search the internet. One site to try...beautyriot.com

or you can use hairboutique.com

or you can search for a virtual style/make over (I know the ivillage site has one) and see what they offer- you can browse a few styles for each hair length/type without registering

or you can search by type- short hairstyles, curly styles, etc.

or if you have a favorite celebrity...search their name and hairstyles.

Can't wait to hear and see what you decided on!