Saturday, November 3, 2007

sometimes dreams do come true

I have always loved the smell of stadium hot dogs. I don't know what exactly it is, but I'm just drawn to them like a moth to a flame. But I have never had one before.

U-n-t-i-l. l-a-s-t. n-i-g-h-t.

See, normally before a football game we've already eaten supper plus we have snacks during the game (usually compliments of my parents who we usually go with). So even though the delicious aroma of these delightful dogs comes wafting by my nose, I really don't need one. Plus, they're way too expensive. Besides, then I have to either wait in line for an incredibly long amount of time during half-time, or if I want to skip the line-ups I need to "Pardon me, excuse me, sorry..." my way past everybody sitting in my row.

So I just pass up the opportunity time and time again.

But last night I was d-e-t-e-r-m-i-n-e-d to have my dream of having a stadium hot dog come true. I couldn't ignore the smells any longer. Luckily my wonderful brother was willing to hop over the railing (conveniently, we were sitting 2 rows above the railing, so instead of inconveniencing anybody by stepping on their toes -- literally -- he could just jump the railing) and get one for me.



$5 later I was biting into the most scrumptiously delicious foot long hot dog. Yes, that's me shamelessly taking my very first bite of my very first (and NOT my last) stadium hot dog.

It was all I dreamed it would be.

10 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Lifelong dream, eh? Man, you ARE a cheap date!!!

Yeah, what is it about outdoor vendor hotdogs? I've got the same cravings all the time. Hotdogs at home? Okay, whatever. Hotdogs at the stadium or from a street vendor while garage sale-ing or walking around downtown?? I can hardly keep from giving into temptation each and every time I catch a whiff. Very bizarre.

Regina said...

Your first??? Wow, well growing up in NYC, I was darn near rasied on them! And Nathan's Original Foot longs, uuuummmm heaven sent!
Cheers to you and your long lasting love affair with stadium hotdogs!
Blessings!

Pam said...

So glad you had your dream come true! Watch out Disney...this is the next be fairytale hit! ha ha ha I personally hate hot dogs....yuk...but my daughter would just LOVE to try to chow down on one of those!! You look to be enjoying that so much! That is great...we all need to reach our goals in life. Good for you!

Ruth said...

soooo happy for you. my stadium-dog experience was not nearly as delightful. :)

Amanda said...

I'm not a big hotdog fan, but stadium dogs are delicious. I can't believe this was your first one. Glad you enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon said...

You are great!
And it looks like you are having fun!
Could I blow your mind with a feast if you get excited about stadium hot dogs!

WorksForMom said...

You ARE a cheap date! Woo hoo for a dream come true!! :)

Melanie said...

So glad your lifelong dream came true!!

Pamela said...

lol! I`ll have to try one some day...wait...wouldn`t that mean I would have to go to a stadium!!

Louise said...

Mmmmm yummy!!