Monday, November 19, 2007

a whole new view

With all the make-overs the inside of our house has been getting lately, it was about time our yard got some attention too! A friend of mine from work was re-landscaping her yard and wanted to start all over. So she had some trees to get rid of which we gladly took off her hands.

Here is the 'before' picture of our backyard (the patches of grass that you can see are from toys and picnic tables that I moved out of the way to make for a cleaner picture).

And here is the 'half-way' picture after the landscaper guys came to dig the holes...

And -- drum roll please...here is the finished product! Check out our 'new' backyard!







I absolutely L-O-V-E having trees in my yard. The really tall one is an apple tree (although apparantly it could take a couple of years after re-planting it for it to produce apples again) and the ones in the back are obviously spruce trees. Yes, there are two back there -- but for some reason they put the smaller tree behind the taller tree...oh well. We weren't around this weekend to supervise (we were visiting Les' brother and sister-in-law, Valleygirl in case you were wondering why I had vanished from blog-world this weekend), so this is how it is.



I especially can't wait for the next snowfall to see the beautiful white snow resting on my Christmas trees!! (and yes, you can be sure I'll take pictures)

16 comments:

andrea said...

enjoy your trees! they look so big already! Shade for next summer...

andrea said...

you never said you went quadding...looks good on you!!! one way to cuddle up with your honey...i'm sure Les just loved it!!! being outside with you, and you groping him in his mind but in reality, just trying to hang on for dear life...great pic!

Jamie said...

Looks great! That's wonderful that you got trees, I know I would love that too. Doesn't it feel good to get your house looking the way you want, even a little at a time? We can't do much here since we're renting, but even putting up pictures after the move is fun! Can't wait until we have our own house and can do WHATEVER we want (even paint walls!)

Melanie said...

That looks great!! I love the new look.

ValleyGirl said...

That looks awesome! Hopefully it won't take years before you start getting apples.

Pam said...

your trees look great! I can't say that I have much passion about the yard, but my hubby is sure into the landscaping look. I always like how how it looks when it is done, but I don't seem to care much before. I'm glad you got your trees though!

Erin said...

I saw them putting them in while I was moving on Friday (sniff). I was very happy for you that you got trees. I don't think I'm going to wait too long to get trees at our new house.

Sorry I haven't commented lately, your blog is one of the ones that's being finicky with my dial-up at mom and dad's. The only reason it's working now is because I'm doing this from Tara's computer.

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

Redneck wanna-be's yard looks so nice! And I'll be over to try your first apple pie; 2009? 2010? Let's make a date!

Sheila said...

Love the makeover! I'm hoping to do the same thing next Spring!

WorksForMom said...

That looks wonderful. Mother nature always has a way of warming things up (or cooling things down). They are perfect to decorate with lights! :)

Tara said...

The trees look great! What a differnce they make, we will need to be thinking about getting some of those soon!

Sharon said...

We have so many trees in our area that I can not imagine living without them. You will love your trees. We have a pear tree at the rental but it only had one pear on it this year.
Enjoy your trees.

My Semblance of Sanity said...

My in-laws have bought each of us a tree for our yard.
Hubby - Maple
Me - Dogwood
Oldest - Tulip Poplar
Middle - Flowering Crabapple
Baby - TBA

It is a fun tradition! You could have MORE that way!

Common Mom said...

Oh yeah! Gotta love trees in the yard . . . I don't know what it is, but seeing a treed yard just makes me happy - probably because I think of the beautiful rustling of the leaves during the summer, the splashes of color in the fall, the showers of leaves on a windy fall day (or showers of pine needles in my case). I'm so happy for you!

Gloria said...

congratulations on the trees. i just gave away 11 shrubs this fall... had i known your yard was naked i woulda offered them to you eh!

Kellan said...

Very pretty and the Christmas tree will look lovely with snow all on its branches!! Take care and see you soon. Kellan