Wednesday, November 14, 2007

why i do what i do

WorksForMom tagged me to answer the question: "Why do you blog?" I touched on this subject in this post here last month, but I will give a bit of a re-cap.

The first reason why I blog is that it is a way of expressing myself. It's a way for me to share my joys, struggles, challenges, funny things my kids do/say and it's a way for me to be creative. It's also my way of working through things or holding myself accountable for something.

I also blog to stay in touch with family and friends. It's hard to keep in touch with everybody, so this is a way that I can keep people informed on my life's happenings all at once. It's like a Christmas Family Newsletter, just one that is updated on an almost daily basis rather than once a year.

And finally, it is for making new friends. It is for finding people who are going through some of the same things that I am going through. It is for finding comfort, encouragement and support.

I don't know if anybody else ever feels this way, but I often find myself feeling very content with the amount of friends I have. I actually even sometimes feel overwhelmed because it's hard to get together and spend enough quality time with all of my friends. So I tend to think that I don't need anybody else...my life is full enough. And then suddenly God will send somebody new into my life and once that new friendship is made, I can't imagine my life without them. I have made such friends through blogging. Friends who seem to have been sent to me by God for a specific reason; to help me through something in my life.

So those are the reasons why I blog. I know there are some people out there (even some faithful non-blogger readers of mine) who don't really 'get it', and that's okay. But I 'get it' and I love it!

Rebecca, Kathy, and Kellan -- why do you blog?

5 comments:

Kellan said...

Hey - you tagged me!!! I loved your answers and I guess I should just copy your post and use it to do mine, cuz it works for me too. No ... I appreciate all that you said and totally agree with your reasons - it is a blessing in so many ways - in some wierd ways and in some fabulous ways. I'm glad I've met you - I'm glad we're doing this blogging thing together. I'll work on my reasons and post it soon. Thanks for thinking of me - Kellan

Melanie said...

Great answers! I know some people who just don't 'get it'- but I love blogging and all my new friends I've made.

Pam said...

I love your answers! I'm so glad that I found you and your blog! Great friends are a blessing!

Sharon said...

I agree with your words.
At this time in my life I have been separated from those I used to spend time with and the things I used to do.It would be a very lonely life without blogdom. I love the women I have met--they are my sisters.

WorksForMom said...

I loved your answers. You get and I get it. Thanks for playing Andrea. :)