1. List 12 random things about yourself that has to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
5. If you want to -- please give me, Andrea, some link-love as the 'Hoopla-Creator'. I love new blog-traffic.
Okay...without further ado -- here are my 12 Christmas Things About Me:
1. I never got to be Mary in our Sunday School Christmas programs.
2. We always had an artificial tree growing up and I always wanted a real tree. Now Les and I always get a real tree...and I want to get an artificial tree.
3. When I was in elementary school I spent one Christmas in Mexico visiting relatives (that was my only Christmas with NO SNOW and it was so strange).
4. I also spent one Christmas in Ontario visiting my Grandparents (thankfully with snow!).
5. It was on that Christmas in Ontario where me and my siblings experienced 'opening' our gifts in a new way. When my Mom was a young girl, instead of having all of their gifts wrapped they had them all put into a large bowl at the table. So on Christmas morning we kids found our presents in large mixing bowls at the breakfast table. One thing was buried under another and it was a neat new way to get our presents.
6. I do not like egg nog.
7. I also can not stand short-bread. The taste/texture of it in my mouth just grosses me out.
8. My favorite traditional Christmas song is "O Holy Night." (the Celine Dion and Point of Grace versions are my current favorites)
9. I have never seen the classic Christmas movies such as "Miracle on 34th Street" and "It's a Wonderful Life." (at least not to my recollection...is that even what they're called??)
10. I was raised knowing that Santa Claus wasn't real (as was Les) and that's how we are raising our girls too.
11. Me and my old roommates used to celebrate each Christmas with a delicious chocolate fondue tradition. Mmmmmmmmmm...........(hey girls -- wanna do that again sometime?)
12. And finally -- what list of mine would be complete without some sort of "Friends" reference? So, to wrap things up...here are my favorite lines from a Christmas episode:
Phoebe and Rachel suddenly burst into Monica & Chandler's apartment. "I'll take the bedrooms and you look in the hall closet" Rachel hurriedly says (I'm paraphrasing here).
Chandler is sitting on the couch and says (in his fantastically hilarious and sarcastic way), "I can save you time, Ladies...I'm right here."
Okay, it's funnier when he does it, obviously...anyway, in case you didn't already know, they were actually searching for the gifts that Monica had bought for them. They did end up finding them but decided not to open them.
Alright...that's it for me. I am tagging....everyone on my blog-roll. That's right, Ladies. You're all "it." That means:
Ruth, Rebecca, Common Mom, Kathy, Erin, Sheila, Louise, Kristen, Jamie, Kellan, Melanie, Pam, Regina, Sharon, Tammy, Pamela, Leeann, Tara, Tammi, WorksForMom and Gloria.