Sunday, December 2, 2007

cute and clever

Last night as I was getting the girls' Sunday outfits ready, Joelle made one of her brilliantly clever comments -- you are all going to l-o-v-e this one!

I made some remark about her leotards (accidentally referring to them as panty-hose) and Joelle came back with this correction on my terminology:

"Mom...those aren't panty-hose" -- as if I was SO out of the loop -- "Those are Joelle-tards!"

It took me a few seconds to figure out what exactly she was trying to get at and then it hit me. See, sometimes we call Malia "Lia" -- and I suppose in Joelle's mind, 'leotards' actually seemed like we were saying "Lia-tards."

So...o-b-v-i-o-u-s-l-y in Joelle's case then, they would be "Joelle-tards."

11 comments:

Ruth said...

duh!
Mom!

she is sooo cute.

Kellan said...

Billiant! And so cute. See you soon. Kellan

WorksForMom said...

Heh. Nice. Once again, someone should write a book on Kid-isms!

Gloria said...

she is pretty quick on the uptake.

Common Mom said...

HA! I LOVE IT!

http://www.commonmom.com

Anonymous said...

how cute! another precious moment to treasure...
andrea

Pam said...

Oh too funny! Don't you just love it when they act like we have lost our brains?? Love their logic!

Regina said...

Well of course1 Duh!! it makes perfect sense!

Jamie said...

That is SOOOO cute! I just love the adorable things kids say. It's so fun to see their innocence and try and figure out their way of thinking.

Melanie said...

Well, obviously!

How could you be so clueless, mom!

Sheila said...

That is TOO funny!!! I can't wait for moments like those...Cohen's still working on putting together words/sentances, so I haven't got too many of those stories to tell yet!
That's a gooder!