Sunday, December 30, 2007

now that's what i call a trendy grandma

Apparantly I am the new owner of several "Grandma-ish" items. At least that's Les' opinion. My two necklaces shown below, my new black purse...oh yeah, and Malia's new cream colored top (which has some cute lace on the top half that you can't see very clearly in the picture) have been dubbed by Les as something an old Grandma would wear/use.

He's not talking about a young, hip Grandma (like my mom). He means the older type of Grandma. I don't know about the rest of you ladies out there -- but I'd think that would make a pretty trendy Grandma if she were sporting some of these items in her much older years.

(ps: the necklace in the bottom right hand corner was hand-picked for me this Christmas by my oldest daughter...yup, the 4 year old has style -- "Grandma" style, according to some people!)

13 comments:

MamaGeek said...

Hi Andrea, it's me (WFM), I just changed my profile name. I hope you and your fam had an awesome Christmas.

And IF YOU think that look's Grandma-ish (it doesn't), I'm a size 2.

Kristen said...

Hmmm....I wouldn't look at any of that stuff and think "grandma". What do husbands know anyway?!?!

Hope you had a great Christmas!

Tot's Mom said...

Happy New Year to you & your family!
Ahh, don't worry too much about the "grandma" look. I'm sure you won't look like a grandma in any way for the next 20 years!

Regina said...

Grandma-ish!!!! and not even 30.. wow!! I like the necklace, by the way. That would make me ancient!
Happy New Year to you and yours!
Blessings, Regina

Pam said...

You rock on with your bad 'grandma' self! those things are in no way grandma-ish but they do in fact rock and have some serious style! Hey, husbands sit around scratching themselves and grunting...what do they know about style???

Lisa said...

Grandma must really be an "in" look these days. I think it's lovely! :o)

Kellan said...

I think you are looking pretty trendy and hip to me and I also noticed that you lightened your hair and I like it too!!

I hope you have a wonderful New Year and I also look forward to seeing lots of you in 2008. See you then. Kellan

Leeann said...

You are the coolest "Grandma" I know!

Ruth said...

hmmmm.
well, all i knowis no grandma i know would wear stuff like that. and if they would -- i'd think they were pretty fun! :)

Sharon said...

Grandma?
Well then there are a whole lot of us grandmas walking around.
And only 29!!!!
You are a yung un!
If I can't be a grandma at 42 then you can NOT be one at not even 30.
I don't really do purses so I don't know the style trends--but I don't remember my grandmother carrying one of those around.
We won't call you in for that program What Not To Wear if you are afraid of that.
Happy New Year!

Pam said...

by the way- I have been meaning to tell you that I love the new look in your profile! I liked the darker hair though too. But the lighter, longer hair is great as well!

Rebecca said...

I love the necklaces! The purse I've already said is great and I'm sure Malia's top is cute. There are times when my hubby is hip on style but many times that I just smile and say "okay dear..."

Melanie said...

Doesn't look Grandma-ish to me.

Anyways- I guess that'd make Les the Grandpa.