Sunday, December 23, 2007

the process has begun

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

John 16:33


The shortest day of the year has come and gone! It only gets brighter from here on in; isn't that fabulous? I was thinking the other day how appropriate it is that it starts getting brighter right at Christmas time.

Light offers us hope. Jesus came to give us hope. Coincidence? I don't know....

I do know that I am excited about the days getting longer and brighter, even though it will be a slow process. I am excited for the h-o-p-e that it brings. I am looking forward to spring flowers, wonderfully smelling rainfalls and the beautiful rainbows that follow. I am anxious for the green grass to make its re-appearance, the sandals to come out of hibernation and the windows in the house to have a reason to be open.

It may still be a long time coming, but the process has begun.

The same is for my eternity with Jesus. I am looking forward to walking on streets paved with gold, singing in the most amazing choirs and basking in the company of my Lord and Saviour. It may still be a long time coming -- or maybe not -- but the process has begun...thanks to the birth of baby Jesus.


9 comments:

Kathleen said...

You don't know me, but I would like to say how I love reading your blog.

Margo said...

I'm so with you on being thrilled about getting past the shortest day of the year! Amazing how it really does bring hope.

It was great to see you and your sweeties yesterday!

Pam said...

I am too excited for the longer light days and it gives me hope to know we are on our way down the hill to that goal! You have an amazing perspective and your heart is so true and pure!

Kellan said...

This was a beautiful post, Andrea. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your beautiful family. I will see you soon. Kellan

Sharon said...

I agree it may be a while yet coming but I look forward to the day we will all fly away.
Bring it on!

Regina said...

Hi Andrea,
Awesome post! And so true. I look forward to both lights!

Tot's Mom said...

I hope you'll have a great Christmas with your family. A wonderful post this is!

Rebecca said...

Finally I can feel normal again (well normal as ever). Being dark at 6 has had me so thrown off. Yay for more daylight!

Melanie said...

I'm looking forward to more sunlight too. It didn't bother me too much last year but I'm having a hard time this winter.