Monday, December 3, 2007

proud as punch

Joelle came home from pre-school today with her first report card. Well, okay -- not a real report card. But a little summary from the teachers on how she has been doing so far.

I was happy to read that she is doing very well in every area. The options for each line were 'Yes', 'Learning', or 'Not Yet'.

She got a "Yes" in every category -- from being able to recognize and write her name, recognize colors and numbers, to playing well on her own and with other children, to participating in songs and discussions, listening to others and responding positively to reminders.

I was very encouraged to discover that she really is doing well in school. Not that I really doubted her, but it sure is nice to get the positive feedback from the teachers. I made a big deal about her 'report card' and made sure Joelle knew just how proud of her I was.

I made sure my words let her know, in case she didn't catch on from the h-u-g-e goofy grin that was plastered on my face!

12 comments:

Ruth said...

ahh! i love that picture of her. she is such a peanut!!

Pam said...

That is a great picture of her! You are such a good mommy, praising her for her accomplishments and making sure she knows that her hard work is worth it. Great job Joelle and mommy! Yeah on the fabulous report card! She has a great future ahead of her!

Jamie said...

She looks very much like you in this picture. Adorable! And I believe you that you're so proud of her report card. I can imagine I'd be beaming with pride too. We'll wait and see how my kids do!

Leeann said...

How fun! I am always shocked by how crazy my kids are at home and absolutely angelic they are at school.

Sharon said...

Sweet picture.
I am glad she is settling in well in school.

Paul said...

She is soooo precious! No wonder you're a proud mom...

Sandi said...

OK, don't get freaked out by some strange guy leaving you comments. That was supposed to by from ME, Sandi! (my first blog comment and I screwed it up! What's Paul profile doing in my computer anyhow??)

Gloria said...

Definately something to pack away and pull out review again and again in the future.

Melanie said...

Yay! Congrats to Joelle- and to you too for doing such a good job with her at home!!

Kellan said...

Way to go Joelle!! I loved, "I made sure my words let her know, in case she didn't catch on from the h-u-g-e goofy grin that was plastered on my face!" - so cute. Take care and congrats on your beautiful daughter's accomplishments. Kellan

Regina said...

beautiful picture and congrats on the report card!

WorksForMom said...

Yay for you and Joelle. How could that cute little face get anything but a YES! Oh I love that shot Andrea.