Friday, December 14, 2007

random recipes ~ Christmas edition

**UPDATE: the soft white cookie recipe yields about 10 dozen cookies**


Pam's Random Recipe Exchange is kicking off today! This recipe exchange will make re-appearances every few weeks or so, but for this first edition it is a Christmas one. In honour of this event, I am posting not one -- but three -- Christmas recipes. The recipes I am posting are the goodies that Les and I baked last week.




SKOR Bars

graham wafers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
nuts (optional)


Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with Pam. Lay graham wafers side by side on sheet. Melt butter and add brown sugar. Bring to boil on medium heat and stir for 5 minutes till it looks like caramel. Spread over crackers, bake @ 350F for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and spread while warm. Add nuts.



Festive Fudge

2 2/3 cups chocolate chips
300 mL sweetened condensd milk
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Melt chocolate with milk over low heat or in microwave on medium power about 4 minutes. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Add nuts, if desired. Spread in wax paper-lined 8x4 in (20x10cm) or 9x5 in (23x13cm) loaf pan. Chill until firm.



Soft White Cookies

2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cups lard or crisco
2 cups buttermilk
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
7 cups of flour

Mix together sugar, eggs, lard and buttermilk. Add remaining ingredients. Roll out dough and cut into desire shapes. Place on a pan and bake at 350F for 10 minutes.


E-N-J-O-Y!!
And please make sure you join the recipe exchange. Click here or on the picture button at the top of this post to bring you to Pam's site where you can sign Mr. Linky so others can come and check out your recipes.
And remember to come back on January 4th for the soup/stew edition!

13 comments:

Sharon said...

I do this fudge too. But mine calls for butter. Maybe I'll try it without the butter and save on the calories. Ha!
I have tried it with white chocolate chips and Hershey's chocolate peppermint candy canes crushed. Really good.
I think I will try the first recipe.

Common Mom said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipes . . . can't wait to try them!

http://www.commonmom.com

Sandy Carlson said...

I put on five pounds just reading that--1 2/3 lb. per recipe. Yikes! Great stuff. Thanks.
Writing in Faith

Ruth said...

mmmmmmmmmmMMMMMM
do you provide samples????

the teach said...

How good of you to offer multiple recipes! They all sound delicious. I have an Italian Christmas recipe up at http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com :)

Pam said...

You are awesome! Thanks! I am so honored that you posted 3 recipes! I was disappointed that more people didn't play along- but hey, at least we got a few new recipes! Thanks so much for the love about the next one coming up too!

Melanie said...

Oh you're such a show off- doing three recipes ;) Hee hee!

I love skor- so I can't wait to try that one. Oh and also- I love fudge and cookies. So, I am excited about trying these new recipes!

MilitaryMom said...

I can't wait to try these! They sound very good, I love fudge, but I am terrable at making it. Thanks!

Kellan said...

I have never made this fudge and I just saw Rachael Ray do this same fudge on Oprah today - I have to try this really easy fudge - I am always making one that I have to boil, blah, blah, blah! Thanks for the recipe! Have a good weekend. Kellan

Ruth said...

vunderbar! got yer hoopla posted andrea dear. :) didn't think i'd make it to 12 so i had to get a little creative.

love ya!

Tot's Mom said...

Wish I could bake like that. One day, I must try all these recipes, ok, one day...
By the way, I have also added you onto my blogroll. Cheers!

andrea said...

What delicious fudge! and way too easy!!! 2 ingredients and it tastes so good. somehow fudge and Florida go hand in hand for me, suppose i'm gettin my taste buds ready for our big adventure...we seem to yield to candy stores down south.thanks for the recipe! it really is decadent! happy baking~

WorksForMom said...

Can you hear my printer humming? I love those skor bars! They look so easy. Right? Right? Right. :)