Monday, January 14, 2008

are YOU smarter than a pre-schooler??

After Joelle went to bed last night, Les sewed up her flawed puppy that she wanted to take for show-and-tell today, and when she awoke to find that it was done she seemed genuinely s-u-r-p-r-i-s-e-d that her Daddy had remembered to fix it.

"How did he remember, Mommy? she asked with amazement. I just responded by saying, "Well, Daddy's a pretty smart guy."

To which she replied, "But not as smart as ME!"


Of course I was curious to see if she thought I was as smart as her...so I voiced the question.

And the answer: a resounding "Nope!"

Of course not. What was I even thinking?

7 comments:

Common Mom said...

In our kids' eyes, we won't be smarter than them UNTIL they have children of their own ;-)

Regina said...

I think I have to agree with Common Mom!

Pam said...

How funny! We run into this with Ashlyn--we spend so much time telling her she is smart/hard worker/good at this and that - I am fairly certain she thinks I am a complete dumb a**. You know, when I tell her - Ashlyn, mommy forgot how to spell your name...how do you spell it? Or, how old are you? When is your birthday? Where do you live? Seriously, I'm starting to think I am pretty dumb myself! ;)

Xandra said...

Oh yes....such is life in our house as well!

Melanie said...

I'm pretty sure that kids always think they know everything and we know nothing. Then when they grow up they realize we actually knew a little bit. I know I didn't realize how smart my parents were until I was probably college age.

MamaGeek said...

Common Mom is RIGHT ON. Some day, some day she'll get it all!

Where's that post of you growing up I have in my Google Reader? YOU are so cute!

Lisa said...

TEEHEE