Thursday, January 17, 2008

bunny-love







There are two kinds of bunnies...the adorable little ones who munch away on lettuce by the handful -- much like my sweeties pictured to the left.


And then there are....


....KILLER BUNNIES! Yes, the game that I have mentioned a few times in the past is finally m-i-n-e! I received the blue starter deck and yellow booster deck for Christmas and just now for my birthday I became the proud owner of the red booster deck (and if any of you are keeping track...there are a total of 11 decks for me to collect).

I won't go into all the details of how the game is played -- 'cause it's just way too complicated -- but I'll just say that if you're looking for a new game to try...this is the one!


Les is not a huge fan of games, but this is one game that he enjoys playing. In fact, he's the one who always suggests playing it! Anyway, the pictures don't do it justice, but there are tons and tons and TONS of different cards, and even after playing it at least a dozen times, I'm still looking up card details in the rule books from time to time!

There are carrot, cabbage, water and defense cards...there are bunny cards...there are weapon cards...there are feed-the-bunny cards...there are abduction cards, barrier cards, lucky clover cards...and I could go on and on and on. The game is different every time you play it and it usually takes Les and I about 2 hours to play a game in its entirety.

I'll admit, it's a slightly violent game since the goal is to kill off other people's bunnies (and trying to keep at least one of your own bunnies alive since IF you end up with the 'magic carrot' at the end, you will W-I-N as long as you have at least one alive bunny...got it??), and there are some pretty vicious weapon cards that are used to accomplish this feat. So I don't recommend playing this game with young children.




But other than that...it's a great way to spend an evening with family or friends.

If you want more information, click on the picture to get to their website.

It's highly recommended!

15 comments:

Pam said...

I hear another game night coming on!!! I have missed the last few and only played the game the first time Rochelle brought it out...
Thats awesome you received more for your collection!!

Jamie said...

Mark and I play this game all the time! He got red, violet and orange booster decks for Christmas and was thrilled with that! It gets more complicated and more fun all the time!!!

The Brandt Family said...

I agree Andrea, this is a GREAT game!

Pam said...

Hey- If you like it, I am sure I would. I should check it out...Gary and I are looking for things we can do together that we would both enjoy....you know, candlyland isn't so much fun when your kids are in bed. ;)

Melanie said...

1-2 hours? Oh my goodness- I can barely find 20 minutes to sit down and do what I want to do. But, it does sound fun!

Kellan said...

What a cute game - I've never heard of it! I loved the pictures of your cute little bunnies eating the lettuce!!

Thanks for your support today - you have always been a good friend and I am honored to know you and I love your site and your stories and your pictures - thanks and I will see you soon. Kellan

!*!*!*!*!Fresh and Fab!*!*!*!*! said...

LOVE THE BLOG HUN,ITS FAB

Tot's Mom said...

This is the first time I have heard of this game. Now, where have I been??

Sharon said...

You and my Mom and husband would get along great. And it sounds like your hubby and I would get along great.
About the only card game I have enjoyed playing is Skipbo.
I have never heard of this game. But maybe it is not popular in my neck of the woods. :)
Sounds like you are having fun killing off bugs bunny.

Lisa said...

Killer bunnies? Gulp.

Julie said...

I LOVE Killer Bunnies. A fun game for sure.

Wish I could be there to play a game with ya'll!

Julie

TammyIsBlessed said...

Sounds kinda complicated. :)

Jenn said...

I love games, this sounds like fun. Kevin doesn't like to play games with me either. I have to get my fill at family gatherings with my siblings.

Karen (Pediascribe) said...

Hmmm....never heard of this game. We are a big game family here. I'll bet my kids would love this (don't worry, they are older--11 and 13)

Anonymous said...

We'll have to play that game together some time! I've never heard of it... can you even play with only 2 people though?
Jackie