1. I have a strong dislike for camping. The bugs, the sleeping in a tent (or even a pop-up camper), with no escape from the heat, etc. It just is NOT my thing. Les, on the other hand, is a huge outdoors guy and my girls seem to be following in his footsteps.
Lucky for me, two summers ago, Les started a father-daughter tradition though, so HE gets a camping weekend and I get to stay home! So far he's only taken Joelle with him, but this next summer (once she's potty-trained) Malia gets to go too.
That's right...that means A WEEKEND ALL BY MYSELF.
2. I am scared of heights. And that includes ferris wheels! Les and I take the girls to a nearby family amusement park every year and we always fight over who has to go on the ferris wheel! The first year we both took our turns, but this last year I got out of it completely! We went with my sister and brother-in-law and both of them (and Les) took turns. Yay for me!!
3. I l-o-v-e Pepsi. Oh wait -- that's nothing weird. Or new. You've all heard about that a thousand times!
Moving right along...
4. I did a french braid for the 1st time on Thursday. Okay, I admit -- this picture if from today's braid (my second attempt), but the first one looked almost as good as this one.
5. When the movie Titanic came out, I had an obsession with it. Of course part of the reason was that I was SO in love with Leonardo DiCaprio at the time. But I loved it for other reasons too.
Anyway...for your enjoyment and amusement, I have included two poses that I did to re-create some scenes from the movie.
In my defense, these pictures were taken when I was living with my 3 wonderful roommates nearly ten years ago. They brought out the 'crazy' in me!
This picture to the left is obviously the "I'm flying" scene where Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio are at the front of the boat...I'm just missing the handsome guy standing behind me, otherwise it's a complete replica!
And this delightful pose is the G-rated version of Kate Winslet while she is being drawn by Leonardo.
(Yes, I am brave to be sharing these rediculous pictures with all of you!)
6. When I was in the early months of pregnancy with Malia, I would often eat these Lipton Cup-a-Soup's...you know, when it was the only thing I could eat that didn't make me want to throw up!!
(I happened to see a box of this still in my pantry today, so I thought I'd try some for lunch...it turns out, I'm not so much a fan anymore -- it brings me back to that nauseous time in my life...I think I'll pass on this from now on...)
7. I have a tremendous fear of wind. I have had a few too many close calls with tornados (including this experience which did damage to our garage this past summer). Combine that with the close call I had when I was in grade 5 at our church camp and Les' close call when he was tenting -- only a few short days after the garage experience -- and my wind-phobia is here to stay!!