Anyway, here’s how this particular "hoopla" works: Use the first letter of your name to answer each question. Must be real words, places or names…Nothing made up. You can’t use your own name for the boy/girl’s name question. If you can’t answer one, skip to next one.
(and this is harder than it sounds)
1. Famous Singer: Andrea Boceli -- for those of you who don't know, he's an a-m-a-z-i-n-g opera-style singer (who is also blind)
2. Four Letter Word: Avid
3. Street: Archibald
4. Color: Aqua
5. Gifts/Present: Afghan -- hand-made, of course!
6. Vehicle: Accord -- sigh...I miss my '89 Honda Accord...my very first car; her name was Charlie (yes, HER name). I have lots of memories of 'my baby', including cruising the streets with my best friends with the moon-roof open and Roxette tunes blaring. Oh, and who could forget having her HOOD stolen right off of her??
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Antiques
8. Boy Name: Alex -- I wanted to name Malia this if she was a boy, but that was the name of Les' then-manager, so I could understand why he didn't want to use it!
9. Girl Name: Avery -- I found this name and l-o-v-e-d it, but had already fallen more in love with the name Malia, so it never got used...any takers?
10. Movie title: Along Came Polly -- as much as I love Jennifer Aniston, I was not a big fan of this movie.
11. Drink: A pepsi -- ha! is that cheating? It's just not a drink if it's not a Pepsi! But okay, if I must choose something else, I'll say apple juice.
12. Occupation: Accountant
13. Celebrity: Aniston -- as in Jennifer
14. Magazine: Auto-Trader
15. City: Austin
16. Sports: Aikido -- a Japanese art of self defense that uses locks, holds, and the principle of non-resistance to cause an opponent's own momentum to work against him or her (okay...I googled "sports beggining with the letter a" because I was drawing a blank -- turns out I was missing some really obvious ones like arm wrestling and auto racing...but "aikido" sounded a lot more fun once I found it)
17. Fruit: Apricot
18. Reason for Being Late to work: "Avery" pooped through her diaper and needed a bath before bringing her to day-care.
19. Something you throw away: "Avery's" poopy diapers!
20. Something you shout: A-V-A-L-A-N-C-H-E-!-!-!
And now I will "high-five" Kellan, MamaGeek , Pam and Lisa. Let's see what you got, Ladies!