Wednesday, January 9, 2008

letting the Lord speak to those who need to listen

Based on my survey question last week, the majority of my readers don't take the time to thoroughly read through the song lyrics that I post on ocassion. And I'm okay with that. I need to trust that the people who n-e-e-d to have those words impressed upon their hearts will feel the urge to read them at the right time. I need to leave that up to the Lord. And so I do that tonight with the following lyrics...

Prayer For A Friend
~Casting Crowns

Lord, I lift my friend to You
I've done all that I know to do
I lift my friend to You
Complicated circumstances
Have clouded his view
Lord, I lift my friend up to You

I fear that I won't have the words
That he needs to hear
I pray for Your wisdom, oh God
And a heart that's sincere
Lord, I lift my friend up to You

Lord, I lift my friend to You
My best friend in the world
I know he means much more to You
I want so much to help him
But this is something he has to do
And Lord, I lift my friend up to you

'Cause there's a way that seems so right to him
But You know where that leads
He's becoming a puppet of the world
Too blind to see the strings
Lord, I lift my friend up to You
My friend up to You

Lord, I lift my friend to You
I've done all that I know to do
I lift my friend to You

6 comments:

Margo said...

We have so much in common ~ including our ridiculous love for Pepsi and appreciation for Casting Crowns. I find their lyrics so meaningful. Have you had opportunity to see them in concert?

Pam said...

Oh Andrea! This is so true...go see Leeann's site....proof that God is good and when we pray and lift those in need up to him...he hears us! It is such great news for her family.

Thanks for sharing this!

Pam said...

This is totally unrelated! I just saw your one comment on Kelly's Who Me? blog...yeah, we do sound alike! She is one of the few people at work who speaks fluent "Pam". ;)

Sharon said...

I love this song.
When I first heard it I so wish they had put she in the place of he.
When a friend of our heart takes a wrong turn--it is always hard.
I pray that they seen the truth soon and that God protects them from the consequences of their actions.

Kellan said...

I life my friend to you - this is a beautiful song - thank you. Kellan

Jamie said...

Yes, I actually needed that today! Thanks!