Monday, January 7, 2008

mid-day prayer

**Update: Kristen's babies have arrived!! Thank you all so much for your prayers. You can gladly keep them coming over the next few days and weeks! Oh -- and you can go to Dawn's site (the proud Grandma) for more details...including pictures of the beauties**

I have a lot of readers who believe in prayer. I'd like to call upon those readers at this time. My blogging friend Kristen is going to be delivering twin girls today via c-section at 12:30pm.

So what to pray for? Of course the safe and healthy arrivals of Katherine Hope (who as of a few short days ago was approximately 3 lbs 15 oz) and Emma Faith (2 lbs 15 oz), and peace for their Mom (and a quick recovery from the surgery). Kristen has already been on bedrest for who knows how long -- and with 2 other young daughters, it has been really hard on her and the rest of her family. Please pray for the other 2 girls as their lives have already been changed over the course of the last few weeks with their mom in the hospital -- but things will change even more when the babies come. I'm not exactly sure on the dates here, but I know that these babies are quite pre-mature, but for safety reasons they want to take them now. You can go visit Kristen's blog to get more details.

But for now -- I ask that you pray. I know you don't know her, and it can sometimes be hard to pray for someone whom you don't know. But I know she would appreciate prayers from anybody who is willing, even if it is from a stranger.

So, please take a minute -- that's all it takes -- and lift up Kristen, the twins, the older two girls, and of course her hubby in prayer.

From me to you -- thank-you!

17 comments:

Margo said...

Good of you to care so much about your friend. I'll pray for them. Please keep us updated.

Dawn said...

Thanks for yet another avenue of prayer!

She's 33 weeks. I'm at work right now, trying to catch up on all the time off (trip to Paradise, for which I paying mightily, then 5 days of university closure during the two holiday weeks - the mail doesn't stop coming, though, and there was an application deadline while I was out). Thanks again!

amy said...

praying for the whole family!

Common Mom said...

Many prayers for Kristen, her babies, and her family! I'll be thinking of them!

Kellan said...

I am late in reading this request and hope that everything went okay for Kristen and her new babies. I will go over the her site and wish her well. Take care. Kellan

Pam said...

your wish is my command! I'm on it as soon as I finish typing....what a good friend you are!

Sharon said...

I am late getting to this. But I will pray anyway because our God is not limited to time. He knew when I was going to pray and what I was going to pray.
I will go and check her out and wish her well.

Kelly said...

I will absolutely pray for her and her family. Last year my husband had a lot of health problems and we had people praying for him in just about every state. The power of prayer is completely why I feel he is still with us. I will send up not just one but many prayers over the next few most difficult days!

Regina said...

I will surely keep you, your friend and her family lifted up in prayer.
By the way it is usually easier to pray for a stranger than someone you know because then your personal feelings and wants don't get in the way! with a stranger you can blindly and in faith pray that God's will be done in their situation.

Peace & Love!

Pam said...

Said a prayer yesterday and will again today, now I off to go check out her blog...

MamaGeek said...

Consider her prayed for. Wow, I hope all went well!

Oh and I also have a little blog bling awaiting you over at my place.

Melanie said...

Praying, of course. Please keep us updated.

Tot's Mom said...

Congratulations! I'll pop over there now to offer my wishes.

Lisa said...

Been praying here! :o)

Just got updated! They are beautiful!

Regina said...

Congrats to the new mommy!

storyteller said...

Although I'm a couple of days late, I've added the family to my prayer list.
Hugs and blessings,

Leeann said...

I will absolutely add them all to our prayers!