Saturday, January 5, 2008

mother-daughter tradition

For the last several years, my Mom has taken me shopping for new clothes for my Christmas presents (and usually my birthday, too!). It's better than just getting gift certificates because not only am I not limited to one or two stores, but then I actually get to spend an afternoon together with my Mom, too.

Usually this annual shopping trip happens before Christmas...I try on a bunch of clothes, decide which ones are my favourites, then after I leave the mall she does some calculating and sneakily goes back to buy some of the items and I get some at Christmas and some two weeks later for my birthday. This year, however, we decided to wait until after Christmas to hit the January sales. I ended up getting a lot more for my her money than if we had done the shopping trip in December like usual.

My Mom bought me two new pairs of jeans -- which, believe it or not, I think I like even better than these jeans -- a pair of grey pin-striped dress pants and the four tops pictured below...not bad, hey? (and I still have some money to spare...) Thanks, Mom! I had a great time again and I already look forward to next year!!

Now I just need to decide what I'm going to wear to church tomorrow...

10 comments:

Hazel said...

ur mom so good

jason said...

the green one cuz

Pam said...

they are all very nice! that is a special time you get to spend together! Sounds like you have a new tradition though- January sales are great!

Lisa said...

Can't beat a good sale! :o)

LOVE the green one!

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

I'd say you should wear the green one, because I totally want to borrow that black one. I love it! And I'm glad that you had a nice time with your mom.

Leeann said...

The solid black sweater is gorgeous! Get one in my size and send it on, would ya? lol

Leeann said...

p.s. award. for you. my blog.

Tot's Mom said...

That's very generous of your mom. And good value for money shopping after Christmas, isn't it?

Erin said...

my mom, sister and i usually do the same thing. we fill up the cart and my sis and i head to the biggest dressing room to try on our stuff. and after we try it on we flip the clothes over the door for mom to hang on the hangers. just like when we were kids. we have fun! i like your january idea..have to pitch that to them for this coming year.

Melanie said...

Aren't moms the best!

I love all of the shirts.