Friday, January 18, 2008

random recipes ~ birthday edition

It's that time again...Pam at Random Thoughts is hosting the Birthday Edition of her Random Recipe Exchange. This particular exchange is very thoughtfully in honour of my 29th birthday which was celebrated this week AND in honour of her own 30th birthday which is coming up in a few days. So join the fun and post your favorite birthday recipe, then drop by Pam's site (click on the button below to get there) and sign Mr. Linky so others can visit your site and try out your recipes.

Okay, so I have decided to present the recipe of the delicious birthday cupcakes that I made for the girls' joint birthday party this last fall. Mmmmm...don't they look tasty?

White Cupcakes

2 cups flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350F. Put all ingredients into mixing bowl. Beat slowly to moisten then beat at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour into muffin tins lined with cupcake wrappers. Bake in oven for 18-23 minutes.

Now for the icing. I think I posted this icing recipe back in December for my soft white cookies, but to make it easier for you all -- here it is again:

Butter Icing

2 cups icing sugar

1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened

3 tbsp. cream, milk or water (I use milk)

1 tsp. vanilla

Beat all ingredients together in bowl until smooth. Add more liquid or icing sugar as needed. Mkes about 1 1/3 cups.

Now go drop by Pam's site and join in the fun!


10 comments:

Pam said...

You made my mouth water! Those look good.

Sorry this round didn't seem to bring in the players....maybe next time we will get more again. I always feel disappointed when it doesn't go over. But, hey, I can go drown my sorrows in some ice cream cake and white cupcakes!!

Sharon said...

Got any milk???? ;)

Leeann said...

Really. You can make homemade cupcakes?

lol

You are super-mom!

Lisa said...

Licking the computer screen...

Regina said...

Yummm, those look good!

andrea said...

do you know how hard it is to find a white cake recipe? thanks for shouting it out so others can enjoy this tasty treat. here's to yummy...

Melanie said...

Yummy yummy! Those look so delicious.

Shellie said...

How cool, you made them from scratch! What a nice mommy. It sounds so yummy I may have to get nice too.

Heather said...

I'm licking the computer screen too! I love making cakes/cupcakes from scratch.

lisa's chaos said...

Oh yeah, that makes me think of Easter. Yummy cupcakes!