Saturday, January 26, 2008

the secret's out

Okay, so my sister Tammy is home from the hospital and has done her post on her new baby. So now that secret I was talking about the other day can finally be revealed.

So...the question is: did she have her fourth girl, leaving little Maxen the lone boy in our family? Or did she have a boy to join forces with little Max against the six other girls?
Well, let me put those questions to rest as I introduce to you....

Jacob (Jack) Nathaniel Glenn
10lbs 8oz (originally I was told 10lbs 5oz, but there was a slight miscalculation)
22 3/4" long

(Malia is wearing a mask because she was still fighting her cold and we didn't want to spread around her germs to the new baby & mommy...but she just couldn't resist holding him!)

Considering little big Jacob's weight, you would think that maybe she would've had to have a c-section to get him out. BUT...believe it or not, she pushed him out all on her own!

I thought my kids were big, each hovering on either side of the 9lb mark. But Tammy easily has the title --and she can gladly have it!

Here I am with baby Jack, so proud to add him to my ever-growing brood of six nieces and two nephews (I think the brood-growing has come to an end for awhile now, though).


Please go on over to the proud mama's site and wish her a h-u-g-e congratulations! She posted a few of the details, but trusted me -- yours truly -- to get pictures up lickity split!

She has promised to share more pictures and details (like the birth story) when it suits. So go back and check up on her.

15 comments:

Louise said...

Great pictures! Congrats!!
WOW he is HUGE!! I can't believe she pushed that out..youch!

Erin said...

Before becoming a Mom I thought being an Aunt was the most awesome job! Spoil them and give them back.
Now, my sister is plotting revenge for all the "bad" auntly things I've done!
What fun!

Lena said...

the baby is so cute!!
wonderful pictures! :)

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

Well, congratulations Auntie Andrea! Six nieces and now two nephews, whew! That's awesome. Very happy for you. Better stock up on the candy; aunties always have to have a large supply.

Margo said...

He's so cute! Thanks so much for posting these pictures ~ makes little Jacob seem more real. He looks like his daddy, doesn't he?

Pam said...

Congrats on the new nephew! Wow! I thought Riley was big....glad I am not the only one who has big babies. New babies are so awesome and cute....I'm so glad the sleeplessness is at someone else's house ;)

Amanda said...

Congratulations. He is so precious.

Amanda said...

Congratulations. He is so precious.

Jenn said...

Oh he is SO cute. I love his little nose!

andrea said...

what a perfect bundle. i see Nathan in him already. enjoy your auntie title and give your parents hugs from me as they welcome another stunning new grandbaby into their hearts.

Lisa said...

What a lovely round head he's got! He's beautiful! :o)

Rebecca said...

Yay! for another boy! And wow, that is a big baby, good job momma! He's such a cutie & the kids look SO excited!

PamJ said...

CUTE!

Leeann said...

AAHHHHH! She gave birth to a 3 month old!!! Is she okay? Still walking upright? Holy cow.
I mean baby.
Yikes.

Anonymous said...

What a cute little guy! Another little guy in the family will be nice for baby Max! I'm next! But it better not be over 10lb!
Jackie