Friday, January 4, 2008

stolen moments



A couple of days ago, I was woken up in the early morning hours by Joelle. You know when you open your eyes and find your child standing right beside your bed, s-t-a-r-i-n-g at you?

That was what happened to me yesterday morning at 6:30.

I gasped, jumped -- as much as you can 'jump' in a lying down position -- and then re-started my heart.

And Joelle? She leaned over and gave me a sweet little kiss on my lips. And then without saying a word, she turned and walked out of the room and went back to sleep in her bed.

When I asked her about it later on that day, she said she did it because she was missing me -- can I get an "awww"??

I love those special times; those stolen moments between a mother and her child.

14 comments:

Melanie said...

Awwww- that is the sweetest thing!

Tot's Mom said...

That's so sweet! It's moments like this that motherhood seems all worthwhile, isn't it?

Sharon said...

How sweet!
The last time Julia woke me up it was because she had had a bad dream.
And yes, I had to jump start my heart. But then I am always that way if I get woken up.

I think it was precious that she was missing you.
Remind her of that in about 5 years.

Ruth said...

awww that's the best!

Pam said...

That is sweet! And you are a much better mom than me...I would have though "what, you couldn't miss me at 7 or 8 instead of 6:30?"

Your girls are too sweet!

Leeann said...

That is completely tender. My daughter used to do this several times a week. It used to scare the pee out of me and I yelled more often than not.
I'd scream...she'd tell me she couldn't sleep...and in my bed she'd climb.
Uncomfortable nights....but I miss the cuddling.

Jamie said...

Cute! Landon does that every morning since he's always up earlier than me. He often wants to climb into bed with me and 'sleep' which he does quite noisily--talking and wiggling the whole time! Or he wants to jump on the bed because that's what Dad lets him do. Don't you wish you could sometimes wake up as chipper as little kids?

Margo said...

A great big AWWWW! And the picture goes perfectly with the AWWWW. Could a little girl look any more like her mother?!

Amanda said...

That is so sweet.

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

So your heart went through a lot that morning...stopping and then melting.

Regina said...

aaawwwww, that really is sweet! Enjoy these moments because they will soon be gone.

Lisa said...

Aww... ;o)

Xandra said...

She is so beautiful! She sounds very much like my daughter, Grace. Don't you just love those moments?

Xandra

storyteller said...

Awww ... she's such a QT and that's a sweet experience. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,