Tuesday, January 15, 2008

wanna watch me grow up?

In honour of my birthday, I figured I'd show you pictures of me growing up. Are you ready? Okay, here we go...


Top Left: I think I'm around 2 years old

Top Right: Kindergarten (I know -- I look like a boy)

Bottom Left: Grade 2 (I skipped grade 1, in case you were wondering where that picture was)

Bottom Right: Grade 3 (Funny story...I think the photographer thought I was a boy -- even with my pink sweater -- 'cause when he got us all lined up for the class picture, he stuck me in the back row...with all the other BOYS)





Top Left: Grade 4

Top Right: Grade 5 -- I think this is my favorite school picture

Bottom Left: Grade 6 -- the year I got my first boyfriend. I'm sure it was the bandana around my neck that reeled him in!

Bottom Right: Grade 7 -- I actually got those glasses in grade 6 already, but it was after picture day. I know, I know...they're massively huge glasses -- I even got called "Steve Urkel" a time or two (don't worry, Mom -- I'm not still scarred, otherwise I wouldn't have posted the picture)



Top Left: Grade 8 -- That flowery shirt was my absolutely favorite that year (not quite sure why...)

Top Right: Grade 9 -- The glasses are a bit smaller...

Bottom Left: Grade 10 -- I don't think I'm a fan of my hair parted down the middle...although I guess I'm not really a fan of most of these hairstyles

Bottom Right: Grade 11 -- Sorry for the really poor quality. I couldn't find an actual picture from this year, so it's just from my year book.






Top Left: Grade 12 -- Again, not sure where the actual picture is, this is the best I could come up with.

Top Right: Bible School

Bottom Left: My Wedding Day -- Sorry for all of these chopped-off heads

Bottom Right: Present-Day...you know, the way you all know -- and love -- me!!





And there you have it...me in every stage -- the cute stage, the awkward stage, and of course the grown-up-and-improved stage.

25 comments:

Leeann said...

Wow. You sure are brave. I'm not thinking that I will be doing the trip down memory lane come birthday time! :)

Margo said...

What a great idea! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Lisa said...

LOVE them all!

~*~HaPpY BiRtHdAy!~*~

Mango Marie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love the pictures...thanks for sharing them!

Erin said...

Happy birthday!

TammyIsBlessed said...

Happy birthday little sister!

Not so sure I'm going to post my pictures at birthday time - those pre-braces buck teeth pictures might be a little much. :)

andrea said...

well, Andrea...that's quite some looks you have going on. really neat to see year by year, as those gradual changes mature and make you YOU!!! I just love your wedding pictures ....so stunning that's for sure. Happy Birthday andrea. have a great day!

Ruth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! what a beauty! i can sure see your girls in you especially in your younger years.

Maddy said...

What a fabulous introduction - newbie visiting fromKYwoman.
Many happy returns of the day!
Cheers

Common Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love birthdays . . . I hope you have the best day :-) And thanks for sharing the photos . . . they're so fun to see. My trip down memory lane is quite awful photo wise . . . I think I may just have to do that for my b-day, which is only 249 days away. Have I mentioned that I'm a member of Advanced Planners Anonymous?

Oh wait, this is YOUR day and should be about YOU. So happy birthday again!

Tara said...

Happy Birhtday Andrea! Hope you have a great day!

Xandra said...

That was such a cute idea! Happy Birthday to you...

My birthday is on the 19th...I might "steal" your idea for my blog!

Xandra

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Andrea. Hope you have an awesome day.

Pam said...

love the pictures, have a good bday!

Pam said...

I don't think I will ever show all of you my pictures! But you are such a beautiful person in all your pictures! Grade 5 is my favorite from childhood.

Happy Birthday Andrea!! Hope it was a great day and you have lots of fabulousness to share with us from today ;)

Regina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! What cute pics!
I have tagged you on my blog.

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday! I loved seeing the pictures of you growing up. And I agree with you- my favorite picture is your 5th grade picture.

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Andrea, happy birthday to you!

Hope your day was wonderful!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday to you!
I hope you have had a great day.

I think it is great that you have pictures of yourself all the way up through the years.
You are beautiful girl and a beautiful woman. Your smile is contagious.

Rebecca said...

Happy {belated} Birthday! I hope you had a great day. First you are WAY braver than I. I could pick a few pictures from growing up I'd be okay with posting but not many would be school pictures. Let's just say there's one that my hubby says I look like Boy George. Oh! And I'm completely impressed that you could find all of those pictures. I'm sure I have them somewhere or they are somewhere but I have no idea right now.

Heather said...

You're braver than I am. I hate some of my grade school pics - buck teeth and huge glasses.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. If you want to find a Mary Kay consultant near you, go to www.marykay.ca and click on find a consultant. I would love to offer, but I can't send products to Canada.

Jen said...

Cute pictures. I would never dare to do this, because of what I call "Jen, the awkward years." I really like your wedding picture.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That's a great idea, posting all your school pics on your blog, for your birthday. I have to say that you've become quite the hot mama!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That's a great idea, posting all your school pics on your blog, for your birthday. I have to say that you've become quite the hot mama!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I totally wouldn't have recognized you in your earlier photographs! I just can hardly see the resemblance. But so cute, as always!
Jackie

TheVasquez3 said...

FANTASTIC!! i am so glad you told me you did this...WAY brave and you are super awesome! i need to know more about you so i am adding you to my blog roll!! this is AWESOMEE!!