Monday, February 25, 2008

girls just wanna have fun

This weekend I went on a girl's weekend to Fargo with 10 girlfriends from church. It was a weekend full of shopping, eating, hot-tubbing...did I mention shopping, eating and hot-tubbing?? Just checking. It was an equation for F!U!N!

This is an annual girl's weekend that I have never been able to go on before. I've either been enduring 'morning sickness', been nursing, or Les has been working. And then last year was one of my cousin's weddings that I did not want to miss. So this year -- FINALLY -- it worked for me to go and I was p-u-m-p-e-d!

And even though there were 11 girls sharing 2 hotel rooms (that's right -- TWO -- which means only two bathrooms!!), things went really smoothly.

Of course one of my highlights was dining at the scrumptiously delicious Mexican restaurant, Paradiso. Here is a picture of my amazing meal. Mmmmmmmm.........tacos!! Of course the unlimited chips & salsa that were on the tables before the meals came prevented me from finishing my large plate of food...oh well!


And of course there was the shopping. Ah...the shopping! I tell you, my legs were t-i-r-e-d and oh-so-sore but it was so worth it. I got some really great deals -- and of course I have pictures of said great deals. Behold -- my seven new tops and my new pair of shoes!!


And we can't forget my new purse. I know, I know...I said I found the perfect bag after Christmas. But what can I say -- it's an addiction! This one is 'perfect' for spring (which I have to believe is right around the corner) and it's slightly bigger than the previous one, but not too big where I'll be collecting too much miscellaneous hodge-podge. Anyway, isn't it pretty?

So all in all it was a fabulous weekend away, and a great temporary escape from the real world. Amazing though how it already feels like I was never gone. Sigh...I'm ready for next year already. Maybe I should do a new countdown ticker at the top...363 days away...

25 comments:

Xandra said...

So glad that you had a great time and are back safely! You should totally plan another weekend sooner than one year to tide you over!

Xandra

ValleyGirl said...

I love the tops -- they're so cute! The shoes are awesome, too! I'm glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea!
Glad you had fun.
Angela

PamJ said...

That's awesome you guys had a good time! I love your shoes and the brown and blue dotted shirt! Fun fun :)

andrea said...

great shirts! love the purse. you have totally got me pumped for my shopping adventure. now, the question is ...what is wear tonight?

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I love the green purse. Perfect for spring like you said. Now I want to go shopping.

Roo said...

sounds perfect. brian and i were planning a little getaway ourselves for the same weekend...but with all the extra viruses we ended up staying home. :)

Tara said...

What cute shirts! I love them and the purse and shoes are great as well. Nice to hear you had a great time away!

Pam said...

While I missed visiting with you in the bloggyworld- I am SO glad you had a good time. Those tops- TOO cute! I'm borrowing those, okay??

Oh and Spring...yeah...it needs to hurry up and get here!

Louise said...

That sounds awesome!! I love that restaurant too mmmmm yummy.
Great tops love the brown and blue one!

Bailey said...

I miss my green purse! (I wore it out) You'll have lots of fun with yours!

Jen said...

Yep, it sounds like you had a fabulous weekend for sure!

Regina said...

wow, that sounded like fun! while in Dallas my sister hit 3 malls and had to buy another suitcase to put crap in! Now THAT is an addiction! She is a 3 mall a day shopper!!
BTW, I tagged you.

Anonymous said...

nice food! nice shirts! nice purse! glad you had such a great time away andrea!
jackie

Anonymous said...

oh, and i forgot to say nice shoes!
jackie

Jenn said...

Now you're even more ready for spring! What a great haul.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Now that sounded like fun!
Minus of course the trying on of clothes. ;( Not my favorite thing to do.
But I love the shoes.Awesome!
And any time you throw Mexican into the mix you earn another AWESOME!

common mom said...

How fun! So glad you had a good time. I can't WAIT for my girls weekend . . . it can't come too soon . . .

Margo said...

I'm very happy you had a great weekend away! You made some very nice purchases. I love shopping in the US because of the great deals and I find there are just different, neat things ~ a nice change. Good for you!!

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm glad you had the chance to go. Thanks for the pics of your new stuff....hmmmm...I'm thinking I'd like to borrow the strappy polka dotted shirt!

MamaGeek said...

Whoa what fun! Did you get those heels from Targhetto? I have the same ones (in brown and in black).

Good taste. :)

Melanie said...

I'm still stuck on 11 girls and 2 bathrooms.

Looks like a great time though and you found lots of great new things!

Kellan said...

What fun - I am so jealous!!! I'd love a girls weekend away - I need a girls weekend away - that's what I'm hoping the July trip will be - sort of a girls weekend away. Only, I don't really know the girls - not really.

I love the purse and the clothes - cute! I'm glad you had so much fun!

Have a good Wed. - see you soon. Kellan

Rebecca said...

What a fun weekend! That bag is awesome! What a fun color for spring & summer.

TammyIsBlessed said...

I love shopping in the States - good picks!