Saturday, February 16, 2008

is it just me...


...or is the can opener completely invisible in this helter-skelter utensil drawer?

Okay, I can see it in plain sight -- now! -- but yesterday afternoon when I was looking for it to open a can of soup for lunch, I could not see it for the life of me.



I opened the drawer and I looked and looked and l-o-o-k-e-d...and did not see it.

So I closed the drawer, looked in another drawer and came back to the original one knowing it had to be in there. As soon as I opened the drawer for the second time, I immediately saw the can opener staring me right in the face.

So, is it me or was someone playing a joke on me?

Okay, fine...it's just me!

12 comments:

PamJ said...

That happens to me all the time! So glad I am not alone on that one...
In fact I recently bought a serving spoon, used it once, put it in that same type of drawer and haven't seen it since!! That is just ONE part of my house that needs organizing :)

Leeann said...

I have the EXACT drawer in my house. Complete with the same apple slicer.

Xandra said...

It's good to hear that I am not the only one that happens to!

Xandra

Jamie said...

Yup, it's right there! So funny!

Pam said...

It is SO not you. I look in my drawer (actually when I saw your picture I thought it WAS my drawer) all the time and can't find what I need.

livin with me said...

I do the same thing- glad to know I'm not the only crazy one.

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

Carl has the same problem (I do too, but I'm in denial!) And so I tease him and tell him not to look with his Carl eyes. I wonder if Carl eyes are contagious?! You'd better head to the Dr.!

TheVasquez3 said...

oh i have a drawer like that too!! i organize it WAY too often but it's Jordan's job to unload the dishwasher...and um since you get what you pay for, this is what my drawer looks like too.

Jenn said...

Those things always seem to blend together. I bought baskets to separate items in my drawer but now they just hide together in the baskets instead of the drawer!

Louise said...

Hey that looks like my drawer too except imagine it twice as big..yup that is mine...nasty!!
I love it how the can opener is obvious now but i can see how it wouldn't be seen...lol!

common mom said...

It's the utensil gremlin . . . I swear! That little gremlin visits my house all . the . time. Especially after my kids empty the dishwasher ;-)

Rebecca said...

LOL, I saw the opener right away but I'm always searching for things in my utensil drawer.