Okay, now that we have that out of the way...I was high-fived by Pam for the following Hoopla. It wasn't easy, but I think I came up with some good answers.
1. How much I love them
2. No matter how much I love them -- God loves them even more
3. Your sister is your sister forever -- treat her like a best friend
4. I will always listen to what you have to say
5. Name calling is never nice
5 things you want to tell your children when they are grown up:
1. If a guy can't respect your wishes to 'wait', he doesn't really love you
2. You should always feel you can voice your own opinion, even if it's different from the crowd
3. Respect yourself -- you are worth more than diamonds!
4. What's on the inside is more important than what's on the outside
5. You are not fat or ugly! You are a beautiful woman made in God's image!
5 things you want to tell your child before you die:
1. You brought me more joy than you will ever know
2. I can't wait to see you in heaven
3. It's never too late to right any wrongs in your life.
4. Whenever you don't know what to do -- pray.
5. Be who you are, even if it goes against the trends.
5 things you want your child to know before she dies:
1. Love from a man who will treat her like she deserves to be treated
2. How it feels to be a mom
3. Even though I made a lot of mistakes as your Mom, I did the best I could.
4. You can't hide from God
5. Take responsibility for your actions
And next I was high-fived by Regina for this fun -- and super easy -- magazine cover hoopla. Check me out. I'm on the cover of a modeling magazine...who knew?!
It's really easy to do, just go to MagMyPic, plug in a picture of yourself and choose a magazine cover you want grace.Then:
As for the awards portion of these posts...I have made a decision that I hope will not offend anybody. I have thought long and hard about this and I have chosen to stop putting awards in my posts. If you choose to not give them to me anymore because of this, I understand.
If you're wondering my reasoning, there are a few different ones. But one of the main ones is that I find these awards keep getting handed out to the same people time after time which sort of makes them lose their meaning. Or they get given out to their whole blog-roll because people don't want anybody to be hurt if they weren't included. Another reason is that a large number of my readers are not bloggers, and I'd like to make my posts interesting and applicable to everyone who stops by rather than just those who also blog. So to try and avoid all of the above, among other reasons, is why I have come to this decision.
I am still wanting to display the awards I have received -- and any ones I may continue to receive -- in a special way to show my appreciation for being thought of and to give recognition to my fellow blogging friends; just in a different way. I saw on Regina's site that she put all of her awards in a slideshow at the bottom of her blog, and that is something I want to work on in the near future as well and then put it on my sidebar for you to view.
Hopefully this will be up and running before too long and that it will be adequate thanks to those of you who have blessed me with my awards.
Now, if anybody else wants to play along in Meme Monday, drop by Melanie's site to join the fun!