Monday, February 4, 2008

miscellaneous monday #3

I was tagged by Lisa for this Six Things Hoopla. The rules are:

(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) List the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged.


1. I have an obsession with leaving my hair straightener plugged in. It started back in fall one Sunday morning and has happened several times since then. It has actually never been left plugged in, but for some reason I get paranoid that I've left it plugged in and we won't be back home for hours and hours and what if it gets so over-heated that it starts a fire and burns our house down??? I never worry about if I've left the stove on or a candle burning...only my hair straightener. And only since September.

2. I am Wonder Woman on Tuesday mornings (my weekly go-to-work day). My alarm goes off at 6:30am and I am out the door at 7:30am sharp with both kids in tow, everybody dressed and hair done (except Malia's hair).

3. One of my biggest pet peeves: Why do people say ‘oh look, your face is red!’ when someone is blushing? As if they don't already know!! Sheesh -- leave them be!!

4. My favorite item of clothing in my closet is my black veleur hooded sweatshirt. I bought it for $9.99 at Old Navy -- along with the co-ordinating pants also for $9.99 -- and I feel like I could live in it! Sometimes it feels as if I do live in it.....

5. I have a new neighbour! Her name is Jenn and she has 2 adorable children (and a husband too, of course). Joelle and her daughter have become best friends since they met back in November and are practically attached at the hip. Jenn and I are also becoming really good friends lately and I'm so excited to have her living right next door to me. Oh -- and it gets even better!...You can all get to know her too 'cause she also has a blog! It's called Loving Every Minute. So why don't you all drop by my new neighbor’s place for a visit?

6. I know I am done having kids when I can hold my 2 adorable new nephews (see here and here) and not get a single ounce of baby fever!


And that's it for the Hoopla part of this post. Moving on to the awards. Kellan gave me this "Everyday Kindness" award -- thanks, my friend! I am passing it on to Melanie.




And Sharon gave the two awards shown below to all of her readers. And since I am never one to pass up an award, I figured I'd snag them and keep passing them on.



So, the "Forever Friends" award I want to give to Lisa and "The Spread of Love" award goes to everybody. I don't normally pass awards out generically, but what better way to spread the love than by giving it to as many people as possible?? So please take it and add it to your collection (I did!). I would appreciate it.



And I think that covers it for this edition of Miscellaneous Monday. Go over to Melanie's site and sign up with Mr. Linky if you want to participate in Meme (Miscellaneous) Monday.

17 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for playing along! And thanks for the awards ;)

Jen said...

#3 is such a good point!

MamaGeek said...

Oh wonder woman, why do people point out the obvious (like red cheeks)? It only reflects something about themselves!

Lena said...

interesting tag :)
liked #2 and 3.
And congratulations on the awards!! :)

Leeann said...

Yay for you and your neighbor. It is always nice to have support that close by.

Jenn said...

I'm excited about #5 too! Thanks for the plug.
I have favorite Old Navy pants and pretty much live in them too.

Ruth said...

i have the same black sweatsuit. i got it right when shiloh was born and it is seriously WOREN OUT. but i could never get rid of it.....and so i continue to wear it....even though it's beginning to look rather nasty.....

Pam said...

I am glad you are enjoying your new neighbor! I wish I had a neighbor who had kids (my neighbors have an average age of 72!) and we could be friends.

Yeah for the black sweatsuit! We all need those comfy clothes. And, until your new neighbor notices you wear it all the time...then you can wear it as often as you would like! ;)

Talk..to..Grams said...

Congrats: on your awards! You did a good job on your meme!! Mine is up too!! First week to play! Grams

Chuck said...

that was fun. i think melanie's MM idea is a good one - I posted a couple mysef. liked your list. now, are you wonder woman 'cause monday is gloomy? i know that's why Tuesday is usually good for me.

Have a gr8 week.

Mel's World said...

That was fun....I have been tagged for that one too but just haven't taken the time to sit down and do it. You have inspired me to do so before I go to bed!!!

Thanks!
Melissa in Mel's World

Kellan said...

Congratulations on the great awards - you deserve them and the one I gave you - you are very welcome, it is my honor!! I went over and said Hi to Jenn. Take care and I'll see you soon. Kellan

Regina said...

Congrats on all of your awesome awards! Thanks for sharing more about you in the hoopla, #3 is hilarious! People do point that out which will only make you redder!!

Daphne said...

guess what? you have another meme, check my blog!

lisa marie said...

You know, I never have taken one of those awards doled out to all readers but I think I will snag this one and you're right, it's perfect for it.

TammyIsBlessed said...

Are you sure about #6? :)

Lisa said...

So glad you played! :o)

You need my hair. It's as straight as the proverbial stick. Not a wave in sight! LOL

I am touched by the award. Sniffle. Thank you! HUG