Monday, February 11, 2008

miscellaneous monday #4

Is it Monday already? Daphne high-fived me for the following book hoopla:

The rules are: take the book closest to you right now, turn to page 123 find the fifth sentence and then write the next 3 full sentences in your post.

Well, the closest book to me didn't have even close to 123 pages, so I picked the closest book to me that did have that many pages. And this is what it was:

Page 123 only had 3 sentences, so this is what you get:


It's a little blurry, so in case you can't read it, it says: "This is George. he was a good little monkey adn always very curious. One day George and his friend, the man with the yellow hat, were on their way to a party at Mrs. Gray's house." Ahh...that's good reading!

Next, I saw this on Melanie's blog last week and thought it looked fun, so I'm doing it even though I wasn't actually high-fived for it.



4 Jobs I Have Had:
Waitress
Retail (clothing store)
Receptionist
Mommy

4 Movies Watched Over and Over:
My Best Friend's Wedding
Titanic
The Man in the Iron Mask
The Count of Monte Cristo

4 Shows I Watch:
Friends
The Ellen DeGeneres Show
Criminal Minds
Two and a Half Men

4 Places I Have Been:
Mexico
Chicago
California
Edmonton
(not bad for someone who doesn't like to travel, hey?)

4 People Who E-mail Me:
Jackie
Andrea (no, not myself)
Tammi
Pam

4 Favorite Things To Eat:
Pizza
Tacos
Chicken
Nachos

4 Places I Would Rather Be:
In my bed
Somewhere where the temperatures are above freezing, but below scorching
At Pam's house
(okay, so I only have 3 for this one...)

4 Things I Look Forward To This Year:
My girls' weekend away
Spring!
My 7 year anniversary of being married to my hubby
The new season of "So You Think You Can Dance"

And, my lovely award this week is this "Forever Friends" award from dear, sweet Pam. Thanks, my friend.



I would like to pass this on to Ruth (whenever she decides to end her really long blogging break!).

If you want to participate in Meme (Miscellaneous) Monday, drop by Melanie's site for details.

15 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for playing along! I'm glad you did the four things meme- it was fun to read. I love the Ellen show, I can't believe I forgot to mention that when I did mine.
Congrats on your awards!!

Marie said...

Great meme! I left you a little something on my blog...

MamaGeek said...

Oh I love that show, So You Think You Can Dance! :)

Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting Miss Emma's homecoming! I hope Kristen can get to the computer one of these days to catch up with everyone.

Pamela said...

i hadn't watched titanic in so long and I just watched it last weekend and I really enjoyed seeing it again!

Roo said...

awww
thanks sweet andrea.

Teachin' this mommy new tricks! said...

Oh so you are a Friends fan! I love it! We have the whole series! I have totally gotten my husband hooked!

Pam said...

Ah! I'm blushing that you want to be at my house (wait, that is me and not your other Pam friends, right??)

I always love to read your answers to things!

Kellan said...

I love Titanic and Two & Half Men (Love, love, love Charlie Sheen) - I also love a good plate of nachos. If you lived down the street from me we could get together Friday night and do this - watch Titanic and share a plate of nachos - that would be very nice.

Hope you had a good day - see you soon. Kellan

Chuck said...

ahhh, that was fun. and love your award. Oh, the Ellen show - adore her!

Leeann said...

I love So You Think You Can Dance! When does it start up again? Gotta get the DVR ready!

Tot's Mom said...

I'm looking forward to spring too. Hope it will be here SOON!

Regina said...

I like that meme, I may actually get around to doing it one day! I loved curious George as a child and it is still a favorite. Congrats on your award!

Jenn said...

I'm so looking forward to spring too! I've never really gotten into So You Think You Can Dance but it does look like it would be a good show.
You've traveled to some great places! I've only been to Edmonton from your list but would love to go to the other three.

Anonymous said...

do you realize that you have 10 more days until you go away for your girls weekend? that is so soon! i'm so excited for you.
~andrea~