Monday, February 18, 2008

miscellaneous monday #5

This eition of Miscellaneous Moday begins with a high-five from Melanie:

(1) You must post the rules on your post before you answer the questions.

(2) You need to list one fact about yourself using each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name use your maiden name instead.

(3) When you are finished with your answers, you tag one person for each letter of your name.

G - Grown women calling their Dad's "Daddy" is one of my pet peeves

A - Attitude: grade 9 was my "year of the attitude"...right Mom & Dad?

Y - Yellow isn't a color I can pull off

L - Laundry is my least favorite house-hold chore

E - Envelope-licking is not something I enjoy (yuck!)

N - National Treasure: Book of Secrets was the last movie I saw (and it was really good!)

E - Eight-legged creatures (also knows as spiders) don't freak me out like the insects who can jump or fly at you -- like moths, grasshoppers, etc.

Now I'm supposed to high-five 7 people, since that's how many letters are in my middle name. So... Tara, MamaGeek, Marie, Lisa, Pam, Roo, and Jenn ...you're up (mainly because I love learning people's middle names).

And these are my awards for the week. This first one was given to me by Pam. This award could've been made with her in mind, 'cause she cheers me up like not many others can! But someone else who can cheer me up like her is Jenn, so I am passing this on to her. I can't stress enough how amazing this woman is and how grateful I am that God placed her in my life -- right next door -- at a time when He knew I needed a friend.

The following few awards came from Melanie.

The "Cool Cat Award" I am passing on to Marie. I haven't 'known' Marie all that long yet, but I always love stopping by her site. She has a great sense of humor and is a very kind soul.

The "Friendly Site Award" is going out to Sharon. This woman is always sending out love and prayers to those who need it. She is woman after God's heart.


And you know who I think has an "Interesting Blog"? Xandra does. This woman has a strength that I can not even fathom. She is a cancer survivor and a loving mother to 2 beautiful children.

And...MamaGeek, I think "YOU are Toadally Awesome".


These next two awards were kindly bestowed to me by the afore-mentioned Marie. This is what she had to say about me. "Andrea deserves these awards....as she feels like an old friend that I could sit down and have tea with and I look forward to visiting her blog each day." Thanks, Marie! The feeling is mutual!

So this "True Blue Award -- Will Always Stand By You" is going out to Pam. I know I can always count on Pam to offer advice, encouragement and support with whatever trials are facing me. She will also always rejoice with me over the positive things in life. Love you, girl!


And, last -- but not least -- is the "Sassy Mama Blog Award." When I was thinking who on my blog-roll best represented a Sassy Mama...I thought of none other than Leeann. She's got Sassy written all over in (in a totally good way, of course!). She also has a recent blog make-over, so you should all go check it out; it's gorgeous!

Okay, and I think that sums up this week's edition. Go over and visit Melanie to see other participants of Meme (Misellaneous) Monday!

12 comments:

Pam said...

Oh girl! I love ya too! Thanks for the award and I will get to that meme next week. I better start thinking now- my name has 9 letters in it!

Xandra said...

Wow! Someone besides my mother and my husband think I am interesting! Whoo hoo!

Seriously, thanks so much for the shout out. I am so glad that we have become blogfriends!

Xandra

Pam said...

I forgot! When do you leave for girls weekend? Should I put Random Recipes up on Thursday so you can post it before you go?? I want you to be able to play along but not have to be stressed about it. So if you can't do it this time- no problem!

Bailey said...

I don't get the 'Daddy' thing either, but then again, I've always called mine "Dad."
If you take care of my spiders, I'll happily fend off your moths!

Roo said...

i love learning about peoples middle names too. i'm not sure when i'll get to this....i'm sick again. bronchitis....

but hoping it will all clear up soon. i'll get this done when life is less painful again.

love ya.

Sharon Brumfield said...

You are so sweet and a great encouragement. Thank you very much.

And you should hold on because I have proof that spring is on the way. Our trees are starting to bud and some of them have flowers.
I'll see if I can take some pictures and post them for you.
Hold on!!!!!!!

Leeann said...

Sassy, huh? LOL If you ONLY knew! Thanks so much! :)

Lisa said...

I don't have a middle name... I'll have to use my maiden name. ;o)

Tara said...

Hey Andrea, thanks for high fiving me! I will get to the hoopla as soon as I can!

Melanie said...

Wow- you had lots of awards this week! That must be cuz we all love you so much!!

And I loved your answers for the middle name meme! Fun!!

MamaGeek said...

Look at all that BLING! Congrats - you definitely deserve it my friend. And wow, sincerest thanks Andrea, I've very humbled.

Marie said...

Oh, you are so sweet! I'm a cook cat! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I promise to complete the high five very soon!