Sunday, February 10, 2008

the perfect pair

Ross & Rachel...Mickey & Minnie...chocolate & peanut butter -- all good duo's, but in my mind none holds a candle to the perfect pair pictured below.

I relied on these w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l drugs to get me through the last couple of trying days. Thankfully the headaches seem to have abated, but last night I also seem to have got hit with a bit of a stomach bug. Nothing too violent -- or long-lived -- but enough to make me stay home from church this morning to fully re-cuperate. It was hard to send my family off without me, especially since it feels like I've missed out on so much over the weekend; but I knew I needed to rest (you know...'cause I haven't done enough of that over the last few days). Oh well...the next best thing to spending time with family is hanging out with 'Friends', right?

And on a bright lighter note, I have lost 5 pounds. Although I would rather have g-a-i-n-e-d five pounds and been healthy all week rather than lost 5 pounds and felt the way I was feeling (especially since weight loss as a result of being sick always gets very quickly reversed...at least in my case).

Oh, and you will all be happy to know that -- unlike last time -- the banket that I slept with last night is already washed; as are the sheets, pillow cases and towels that I have come into contact with. Yay, me!

10 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh no, that's not very pleasant. Maybe that's the grand finale. Hopefully no one else catches it!

ValleyGirl said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. And that you got to the diseased laundry right away this time!!

Tara said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! The tea is available when you are ready! Take care.

Pam said...

I hope this is the end of being sick my dear friend! I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling ALL better. Ya know I'm thinking of you!

Xandra said...

It occurs to me that perhaps it was the washing of the original diseased laundry that set off this current illness...LOL!

Seriously, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. It always feels strange to see your family dressing up and heading off to church without you, but it sounds like you needed the extra time to rest. Now you can get on with your life next week!

Xandra

Kellan said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear you've found a remendy for the headaches and sorry to hear you weren't feeling good all weekend. Get better soon and have a good week! Kellan

Tot's Mom said...

Looks like the perfect pair has done their job. Glad you are feeling much better.

Sharon said...

Glad you are on the upswing!
Hope you enjoy the peace and quiet and alone time just a little even though you were feeling a little down.

Pamela said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Jen said...

Sudafed helps with that too.

I had a migraine last night, and I'm still feeling fuzzy. Glad you are feeling better!