Friday, February 22, 2008

random recipes ~ breakfast edition

It's that time again...time for Random Recipes hosted by Pam. This week's edition is a breakfast recipe. Now, the one that I am posting -- I have to admit, I've never made it (which is why also don't have a picture this time) -- BUT, I have tried it a couple of times and it is scrumptious! It has been made for me twice by Tammi and I highly recommend it! So without further ado:


Overnight Oven Baked French Toast

1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter or margarine
12 slices white bread (cut in cubes) *or use cinnamon oatmeal bread*
5 eggs
1/4 tsp salt

In a small saucepan combine sugar, butter & syrup. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Arrange bread crumbs over top. Beat milk, eggs, vanilla & salt in medium bowl. Pour over bread, cover & refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 350 F and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.

Mmmmm....sounds yummy to me all over again! Anyone else want to play along? Go visit Pam and sign Mr. Linky. And don't forget to visit the other participants to get some great new recipes!

19 comments:

Pam said...

First- have a FABULOUS trip! I hope you enjoy each and every minute of your girls weekend! You deserve this trip and I hope you have a great time!

Second- I posted french toast too ;) Great minds think alike! Thanks so much for playing along!!

Marie said...

Enjoy your weekend and have fun!

I am SO making this french toast recipe on Sunday morning! YUM!

Dawn said...

I have seen this type of recipe before - sounds absolutely wondeful! But I don't think I can afford the points on Weight Watchers!

Kellan said...

I love french toast - this sounds delicious.

Have a good trip Andrea - enjoy! See you soon. Kellan

ValleyGirl said...

I can highly recommend that recipe, too!! Have a great weekend!

TheVasquez3 said...

oh man this sounds YUM you and Pam have me thinking i need to make soe of this french toast goodness!! YUMMY!!

mine is up...and its yum too!!

Heather said...

Mmmmm.. sounds great!

Have a great weekend!

Lisa said...

Can I come over to your house for breakfast? :o)

Daphne said...

I have been seeing different versions of this recipes everywhere lately. I LOVE french toast and really NEED to try this recipe!!!

Have Fun this Weekend!

Melanie said...

Yummy, yummy! That sounds so good- I'll have to try yours and Pams- they seem pretty similar.

common mom said...

Oh I LOVE french toast . . . as does my family - another recipe for the book - yummola!

And have a WONDERFUL trip!

Amy W said...

I love this!

Sharon Brumfield said...

My Mom makes this and puts pecans on it.
It is good!

Chuck said...

Good lordie that looks good. But, I'm not eating for another week...seriously.

Roo said...

hope your having a faaaaaaabulous time with the girls! can't say i'm not a wee bit jealous. :)

Sandy said...

Hello Andrea - I've made this french toast before and it's delic.
Fun visiting you!

MamaGeek said...

This doesn't even sound so difficult. I love it!

Hazel said...

some awards for you to choose. Have a nice day!

Don Mills Diva said...

I HAVE to try this - it sounds yummy!