Friday, February 15, 2008

they're b-a-a-a-a-c-k

I don't know about all of my American readers, but us Canadians have been deprived of the deliciously-flavoured Mexican Chili chips for over a decade. When I was in grade 9 these were my absolute favorite chips, and they were the only kind I would ever spend my money on at the school canteen.

And just like that...they stopped making them! I was so not impressed.


But just a week or so ago they made a re-appearance.

And, not only are they back, but now they make them in the BIG bags, whereas they used to only be available in the small individual size. I was so excited and I couldn't wait to pick up a bag. I got one on my way in to work on Tuesday (yes, a BIG bag) and by Wednesday afternoon there wasn't a single crumb left. I shared a few with Les -- whole chips, not just crumbs -- but for the most part I polished them off.

And they were just as wonderfully scrumptious as I remembered...
(Is it too soon to get another bag??)

10 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

What?! I've never even heard of these!! Like, EVER. I'm betting out here in the middle of nowhere, if they even do make an appearance at all, it won't be for another month or two...

Louise said...

HEY HEY FINALLY someone else who remembers these things, I bought a bag yesterday too!!! I loved those growing up especially with a can of that Hawaii Tropical Punch...remember that?? the pink fizzy stuff?? YUM!!Too funny!

Jenn said...

They ring a faint bell to me. I'll have to give them a try. But salt and vinegar are my all time favorite!

Pam said...

I have never heard of those, but if you love them, I am sure I would too! Glad you can enjoy those again!

Margo said...

Oh, Andrea, we really should party sometime! Pepsi and chips! (Please tell me you love chocolate too!) I could make a meal out of those three ingredients. I have to admit, though, I have never heard of these particular chips. They sound great, and I'll buy a bag as soon as I find one.

Kelly said...

It absolutely time to get a new bag. I know how you feel. It's terrible when something you love gets discontinued. Cheerios used to make a snack mix that I loved and Anheiser Busch used to make a snack mix that I loved too. (It was to go with beer, I just minused the beer) Neither one is made anymore. Ok, now I'm hungry!

lisa marie said...

I think you should get a few more bags, you know, just in case. :)

Jamie said...

Yes, they were my favourite to buy from the high school vending machine too! But I just tasted them again tonight at my parents' and I must say, they weren't as good as I remembered! But I'm glad you enjoyed your bag! You can eat my share!

Leeann said...

They look yummy! Send some down to the deprived USA, huh?

Daphne said...

man I hate when you totally get into a product and they quit making them. it's happen to me, more than once!

glad you got your munchies on!