Monday, February 18, 2008

wheeeeeeee!!!!






Yesterday afternoon we went to our church's annual toboganning party. One of the families from our church makes this huge tobogan slide and every year they invite the whole church family out for an afternoon to enjoy it.



I've gone to the party before, but I hadn't ever actually gone down the slide...until yesterday. I figured if my kids could do it, so could I!



Check out the view from the top. It's l-o-n-g ride down -- and very fast! I had a lot of fun though and couldn't get enough! I was so glad I took the plunge.



(Malia only went down twice...although the fact that I dropped her close to the bottom might have had something o do with that...oops!!)







Some people were crazy enough to go in large groups, as shown below. I wasn't one of those 'crazies' (no surprise there!), but thankfully nobody got hurt.





The one downfall to toboganning...the long trek back up the hill. Although I suppose it's good excercise; but it's just a lot more fun going down!




I have attempted to include a video of Les and Joelle going down the hill, but I sometimes have trouble doing a video if it's not just in a post of its own, so see below for the video in its own separate post.



22 comments:

Valerie said...

Looks like so much fun!I love your blog!

Kellan said...

What fun! I would want a ski lift to take me back up the hill though - for sure! Nice of your friends to invite everyone to come do that - very cool! See you later. Kellan

Xandra said...

Now that looks like FUN! Can I come visit you for a long weekend? I love our warm weather here in Texas, but sometimes wish that I knew how to do wintery things like sled and ski!

Xandra

Tot's Mom said...

That looks like a lot of fun in the snow. Wish I could try going down the slide as well...

Tara said...

That is a long ride, looks like fun!

Melanie said...

That looks like sooo much fun. We have place near where we live where you can go sledding down a big hill and then take a ride back up. I love that!!

Anonymous said...

that looks like a ton of fun. Especially hanging out with friends and all that laughter....the perfect wintery day in my mind.~andrea~

Sharon Brumfield said...

When I was growing up we used to have huge church get togethers all the time. I thought those days were over but I see they are not. The church that fellowships and plays together stays together.
Makes me think of the first church in Acts.
Glad ya'll had some family fun!

common mom said...

Oh how fun! I LOVE sledding and am SOOOO jealous!

Jenn said...

I can't believe Les walked up the hill with one of the girls on his shoulders! Talk about a workout!

Roo said...

that hill is crazy!!!! looks so fun!

hey --i got your hoopla done. :)

Louise said...

Looks like a lot of fuN!! Wasn't it COLD??

Chuck said...

Oh you guys are having fun. I just know it. Brrrrr - all that snow. Have a gr8 day!

MamaGeek said...

HOLY CRAP does that look like FUN!

Rebecca said...

How fun! We got a little bit of snow last night, about an inch on my car, but it was all melted away by noon.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I posted a little something for you!

Pam said...

That looks like fun! Glad you had a great time.

Kelly said...

Sounds like a super fun time! I love snow tubing etc. I must agree though on the trek up the hill. I like tubing where they have those rope lifts. I get pretty lazy!

Marie said...

Oh, how fun! Glad you had such a good time...

TheVasquez3 said...

So. Much. Fun.

the youth are going to the snow on Saturday and i am thinking ti might be time for this girl to break out her snow clothes and join the fun...you don't think my 12 yr old will mind do you!?

Pamela said...

fun! My parents were trying to get us to come...maybe we should have!

Lisa said...

*FUN*