Thursday, February 14, 2008

wise beyond her four short years

Yesterday afternoon my a-m-a-z-i-n-g-l-y wonderful Mom offered to come over and help me get caught up on housework (with how I've been feeling lately, things had sort of fallen by the way-side). Of course I gratefully accepted her offer and am now basking in a wonderfully clean house!

Last night while I was bathing Joelle, I was commenting to her about how nice it was for Grandma to come and help Mommy and that now the girls had a nice, clean tub to bathe in.

Joelle looks at me and says, "I think Grandma did more work than you, Mommy."

To which I replied, without hesitation, "Oh yes, she most certainly did."

Then Joelle very casually -- and wisely -- says: "Two hands are good, but two more are even better."

I agree. Especially when those two more hands belong to my Mom -- she is Super-Woman, in case you didn't know.

14 comments:

Xandra said...

Oh, but don't you just love scripture spouting children!!?? It really makes you feel like all the teaching and counseling are not going in one ear and out the other!! It's all about application, and it sounds like she really gets it.

I too, am blessed to have a mom who is willing to help. Isn't it great!!

Xandra

Cindy said...

Thank God for Moms!!!...my Mom has helped me catch up on stuff around the house before too, which is SO greatly appreciated...my Mom is a 'Super Woman' too!...(and she usually does more work than I do too!...I just can't keep up to her!)

TheVasquez3 said...

oh man...i am SO going to be that kind of mom when Jordan grows up! my mom would never do that...or i don't think she would, she might, nah i really don't think she would.

your mom ROCKS!!

Dawn said...

She has it all figured out!!

Great picture of you and your sweetie.

Happy Valentine's Day from the Valentine Capital of the World!

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kellan said...

Oh, what a sweet post. I'm glad you have such a wonderful mother and that your daughters also have such a wonderful mother!!! Take care and have a good Valentine's Day - what's left of it. See you soon. Kellan

Lisa said...

Yay for moms! :o)

Jen said...

How cute! It's so fun when they come up with one-liners that are wise beyond their years.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Louise said...

That is awesome! What a smart litte cutie!!!
Gotta love moms!!!!!!

Pam said...

Oh how precious! She is amazing! I love this story! And I am glad you were able to get some help to get you caught up--can I borrow your mom? Oh wait- she might be grossed out by the dust bunnies that are giant sized!

P.S. Ashlyn heard Canada on a show today (mailman on PBS Sprout delivered a letter to Canada) and she said, Mommy we have never been there. I said "no, we haven't, would you like to go sometime?" her response - "YES!" so clean that spare room- we are coming one day!

Melanie said...

Moms are the best!! Sounds like yours is great.

Marie said...

What small little girl you have! And yea for moms!

MamaGeek said...

Aren't Mom's grand? Mine does that too and all she asks is that I do that for my children someday. Thank God for Moms!

Jenn said...

It's always amazing to me where they come up with these wise comments. Must be from wise moms! :)