Monday, March 31, 2008

better than...well, you know



My biggest weakness -- other than my precious Pepsi, of course -- are these s-c-r-u-m-p-t-i-o-u-s-l-y delectable peanut-butter-chocolate-chip cookies.

In fact, I say they are better than...well, you know what!

Don't believe me? Make them yourself and you'll see:






PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream margarine and sugars. Beat until creamy. Mix in egg, peanut butter, salt, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla. Slowly blend in flour. Add chocoate chips. Roll into small balls and place on un-greased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with fork. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes (we only bake for 7 minutes since we like our cookies softer). Makes 3 1/2 to 4 dozen (but that's if you make them really small...we have to double the recipe to get 4 dozen).

18 comments:

Amanda said...

Those look yummy. I think I might do some baking today.

Thanks for the invite.

andrea said...

sounds delicious! speaking of absolute faves...milk chocolate chips...that's my better than...
do think i'll make those with my kids today( peanut butter was on sale today)...perfect timing...i just love recipes.

Marie said...

Pass the cookies and milk please! Those look YUMMY!

TheVasquez3 said...

mmmmm....i will pass this recipe on to jordan (tee hee) since as you know from the video she is a "really good baker".

YUM!

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

Oh man, and I was hoping to lose a few pounds by not snacking....and then you go and share this awesome peanut butter cookie recipe! Now what am I suppose to do? The cookies will be offended if I bake them and not eat them! Such a dilemma :)

Pam said...

Oh- I could eat a whole batch of those! Peanut butter is something I love. yummy!

Roo said...

TOMORROW!! these delectables will be resting in my tummy!

Regina said...

better than "YOU KNOW WHAT"????

Those must be some fascinating cookies!!

wfbdoglover said...

OOH yummy! I will make these for a playdate we are having on Friday! Thanks for sharing!!!

Sandy said...

Cookies are my weakness too.
YUM!

Jamie said...

Those do look delicious. I will write the recipe down for another day. I just made chocolate peanut butter chip cookies, the opposite of yours! And I must say they are close to my favourite, so I'm sure I'll love yours too!

Jody said...

That recipe looks too good! Peanut butter and chocolate, a match made in heaven...

Heather said...

Two of my faves together in one! Yumm-o!!!

Melissa said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Yummy cookies I made them today and Tim and I loved them:)

Erin said...

mmmm look good. too bad its almost 11 pm or i'd make them now!

Jenn said...

Sorry, but the thought of peanut butter in a cookie makes me want to gag. Do you suppose they're any good minus it?

Melanie said...

Those look sooooooo yummy. I'm trying to stop buying cookies and all that kind of junk. But, I guess if they are home made it's different. Right?

Louise said...

Mmmmm sounds delish! I may have to try that one!!