Tuesday, March 11, 2008

excuse my potty-mouth

Okay, I'm hoping to be done with the potty-training posts after this. But for those of you who may not have been reading my "Operation: Panties" updates on my side-bar, I thought I'd quickly fill you in on the what's-what over here.

The first two days were h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e and very discouraging as I cleaned up accident after accident all over my kitchen and living room floors -- thank goodness for laminate and linoleum! I was wondering how we were ever going to get this feat accomplished and I thought maybe we had started too soon.

But I wasn't going back!

And then, suddenly, the light got turned on. And it just clicked for her. Well, except for -- pardon the terminology -- pooping (although she insists that today she will NOT poop in her panties...we'll see).

But I haven't cleaned up a wet accident since Thursday, which means that she has been dry for five days in a row (including her naps)! And that means I can now let her roam around the house again with her sister. No more keeping her confined to the main floor so she's always within arm's reach of me and the bathroom.

And you know what else? I don't even have to take her to the potty every hour to make sure she doesn't have an accident. She tells me when she needs to go. She will suddenly smile and say, "Go potty!" and we'll rush off to the bathroom and she'll do her thing.

Whoo-hoo! Nearly potty-trained within one week. I'm so proud of my big girl. As much as I sometimes wish time would stand still -- see the post below for a perfect example of this -- the diaper stage is one that I will never miss!!

18 comments:

Roo said...

wow!! WAY TO GO!!!! i am so inspired.

Jenn said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!

Margo said...

Yay for you!! I'm so happy you've gotten so far so quickly. Enjoy!! (And maybe you should spend the savings of that next pack of diapers on a new purse or pair of shoes to celebrate.)

Tara said...

Way to go Malia. That is so exciting! I loved the no diapers stage although they were growing up way too fast!

Pam said...

Yeah for Malia and for mommy! She is such a big girl now! Woo Hoo!

Dawn said...

Can you come over a spend a few days with poor little Feisty??

Hey, I just read your post about kindergarten. It was amazing when Care Bear went to school in the very same room Kristen was in 28 years ago!

Kelly said...

Wow, that's great. I knew she/you could do it! What a relief to not need diapers anymore! I can't believe I have to go back to them soon. I love the below post as well. You need to talk to Pam. She was just saying today how she can't believe how old Ashlyn is gettign

ValleyGirl said...

Awesome! Good for you, sticking with it, even though it was rough going the first two days.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I so remember this stage!
Way to go. Even when mine would get it down pat during the day the still had problems at night for years.

Did you ever find out what happened to Kentucky Woman?

Melanie said...

Yay!! The pooping part always takes a little longer. But, yeah for the potty!

She looks so cute in that picture!

Jamie said...

That's so great for you! I'll be starting with Rachel soon, as she's given me some signs of being ready. I just don't have the courage or energy just yet. Maybe tomorrow... But your experience has encouraged me; maybe it's easier with girls (as Landon took over 5 months!)

I love the picture.

Lori said...

wooo hooo! way to go.... think of all that money you will save now! time to treat mommy for dealing with all the clean up associated with potty training!

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

That's so awesome!!!! You must be just on cloud nine!

Erin said...

o i admire u. my son is only 3 months and im already stressing about it

TammyIsBlessed said...

No more diapers - ever!!!! Woohoo!

Regina said...

WooHoo!! Congrats to you and her, I know you are as happy as she is!!

amy said...

Im proud of all who are involved..woohoo

storyteller said...

How wonderful! Congrats to BOTH of you on this major MILESTONE ... and may all go smoothly from here on in.
Hugs and blessings,