Monday, March 24, 2008

in case of emergency

**I just received an email providing me with an e-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t reason to keep all of these bread bag clips on hand. Apparantly one day when my girls are in school, they will need to bring a collection of 100 things to celebrate 100 days of school. See? Now don't you all wish you had such a collection? Phew...I'm glad I didn't throw them out!!**
On one hand, it may be time to start emptying my ever-growing container of bread-bag clips....
But on the other hand...well, you just never know when you're going to have a bread-bag related emergency!

You know...one where you will i-m-m-e-d-i-a-t-e-l-y need to produce hundreds of bread-bag-clips -- or else!

Hey, it could happen.

And when it does -- I'll be ready!!

12 comments:

Jenn said...

Ha! This is exactly the sort of thing Kevin would find important to keep too and it would drive me crazy taking up valuable space in the cupboard! :)
But hey, I'll know where to go if I ever need a bread bag clip or twenty.

ValleyGirl said...

You bet. Me too!!

Melissa said...

This is toooo funny:)

Leeann said...

LOL...so...ummmm....whatcha gonna do with them? Twist ties, I get. Bread clips...hmmmm.

Jamie said...

Yeah, I'm curious too. Why do you save them?

andrea said...

my boy would be in his glory...craft time! some paper, bread bag clips, good amount of glue and hey, maybe some pipe cleaners for good measure...now that would f.u.n... i remember in my preschool days, my mom would give me a container of tags and an empty egg carton and my job was to 'help' her sort them into colours and sizes...now that i'm in her shoes, i realize what she was really doing...too funny!

Betty said...

Now this looks like something my mom used to do!! Oh Andrea, you are just too cute.
But what a good idea someone else had that responded....organizing them into different colors. That should keep Malia busy for awhile, while Joelle is in preschool. :)

Roo said...

:) well!now i know WHO to call should i ever find myself in need of a spare bread clip. ;)

Xandra said...

Well, at least when they finally get to the landfill, they will be there together!

Are you sure you're not a 70 year old trapped in a thirty-something year old body? You sound suspiciously like my grandmother....

Too cute...

Xandra

Pam said...

It is always better to be prepared! My mom had the same container when I was growing up- only her cup was filled with the twisty tie things instead of the clips. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to see your cup!

Melanie said...

That is too funny! What in the world are you going to do with all of those?

TheVasquez3 said...

oh you are the C O O L E S T!!

seriously i love that! you make me laugh!