Tuesday, March 4, 2008

it's "go-time"

Like my post here shows, we have been slowly making attempts to potty-train Malia over the last several weeks. She's still been in diapers full-time, but she will often sit on the potty and 'do her thing.'

But tomorrow we're going hard-core.

No more diapers. Bring on the p-a-n-t-i-e-s!! (other than for sleeping, of course)

Malia will be 2 1/2 on April 1st, and it has always been my goal to have her completely trained by then. That gives me almost a full month and I think we will beat our target date.

I bought Malia some special panties today -- and of course some special treats (yes, I'm okay with using bribery to get my daughter out of diapers!) -- and she is so excited about starting to wear them. She even wanted to wear a pair for bed tonight already and was quite disappointed when she had to get put in a diaper instead. That's a good sign.

Hopefully she'll be just as excited about the panties tomorrow morning...

8 comments:

TheVasquez3 said...

YAY for panties!! OH and no diapers!

i dont know why i get so excited when my friends kids finally potty train...but i do, it's odd...but i do!

so congrats!!

PamJ said...

Woot woot for Wednesday panties!! You go Malia!!

Kellan said...

Good luck tomorrow - I hope it goes well. I also used brand new cartoon clad panties and bribery! See you soon - Kellan

Jenn said...

Yay Malia! I hope your day goes smoothly.

Lori said...

yay! I hope it goes smoothly for both of you

Louise said...

Hope it all goes well!!
Life without diapers is super!! ;)

Pam said...

Yay for panties! Bribery is okay in my book- whatever gets you to the end result!

Kelly said...

Good Luck! That's what we did with Lyndsy. We went cold turkey. Diapers only at night time. And yes, I resorted to bribery too. Candy is a winner! My daughter was done in 2 weeks!