Saturday, March 8, 2008

the labour-inducer strikes again...(almost!)

Remember back in November when I wrote about my idea to go into business as a labour-inducer? If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you should quickly go read that post.

But in a nut-shell, I have had several experiences over the last few years where I make plans to get together with a very pregnant sister or friend and plans get cancelled due to the arrival of the baby. Well, yesterday it sort of happened again.

I say 'sort of' since the plans were not officially made. But I had been trying to get together with my dearest friend for a couple of weeks already, since she was due to have her second child in the middle of March. Last weekend's tentative plans fell through, so I was aiming for last night. She had also apparantly been thinking of asking me to get together with her for that night too. Anyway, so I sent her an email yesterday morning shortly before 11:00, opening with "Do you feel like going into labour tonight? I was thinking that we should get together tonight -- or at least plan to...hee hee!"

Well, it turns out that about an hour before I wrote that email, her daughter was welcomed into this world one week early. (this is the same friend that I had made plans with for November 17th 2004, but when I called her to arrange a meeting time after work, she told me she was in labour with her first daughter!)

Coincidence? I don't think so!

I may have been slightly off my game on this one, but I still think my success rate is pretty high! I'm still looking for a title for my soon-to-be-very-successful business -- any ideas??

18 comments:

Jamie said...

That's pretty funny! I could have used you about 4 months ago! Although Seth was born right on his due date, but you know how anxious one gets leading up to it!

andrea said...

that's really funny cuz you did say that you wanted to get together with her a couple times this past week. i totally thought about your 'calling' when you said you wanted to see her before her baby arrived. please send my love to her. hope that she and baby are doing well. what wonderful news!

Pam said...

hee hee hee! I am not having anymore babies, but maybe Kelly from Who Me? would like to set up a 'date' with you. She is one week from her due date and maybe you two could arrange when her little one would arrive.

Roo said...

ok. soo...beginning of july.....as early as possible, please -- do you wanna make plans to get together for coffee? please?

Betty said...

Jennie is due in 3 weeks...maybe you would like to give her a call soon? I just love looking at all the pics on your blog andrea! Great job!

Kellan said...

That is wierd! I think you would come in real handy to those moms that are way over-due and sooooo ready to have their baby - HA!

I hope you are having a good weekend. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for my sweet nephew. Take care and I'll see you soon. Kellan

Kelly said...

Me, Me, Me...I want to set up a time! I am due on Sat but am free any day this week! Let me know. lol

Rebecca said...

Does it only work with people you are close to or could actually meet up with? If not, my sister is due May 23 (our mom's birthday so we're hoping the baby is born that day) so maybe you could make plans to get with her that day? Think it would work? ;)

Oh & it seems to me that you're just getting better at this. Now all you have to do is think about meeting up with someone and they go into labor!

Pamela said...

lol! A mom from Kade`s hockey team waas due on March 1 and was at the game today and still waiting...maybe I should have her give you a call!

Marie said...

Ok...I'll be talking to you in Julyish or so!

Jenn said...

Looks like you have lots of customers lined up!! I think "Labor Inducer" is a very catchy name.

Tonya said...

Ha!! GREAT idea for a business...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It was so nice to "meet" you! =-)

Kellan said...

Hi Andrea - Thanks for coming by today. Have a good evening and I'll see you soon. - Kellan

TheVasquez3 said...

actually thats pretty funny...now if you had the same affect on people conceiving i would be making plans with you post haste!

thanks for stopping by my blog. pics of the sleep over should be up tonight, once i catch up on all my comments and google reader.

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

That's just plain creepy about your gift, and as for a business, wow! I'd pay big bucks to have you around if I ever go overdue.

p.s. stay away from my sister in law because she needs to wait until I come back to Canada before she has her baby!

Leeann said...

LOL. You are SO going to be my friend one day. I'm sure I'll have use for you some time in the future! :)

Pam said...

Just checking in to see how the potty training is going! Yeah for your little one! That is awesome that she has been staying dry. Don't worry- the poop is always the hardest and it will get there too! Hey, I am still trying to get my almost 4 year old to stay dry at night time....it is a work in progress this potty training thing! I'm thinking of you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's me! I'm a little behind in reading your blog, obviously. Our sweet baby Sophie is doing very well. And a huge thank you to you, Andrea, for helping me get through yet another pregnancy. It's over and I'm enjoying Sophie!

jackie