Tuesday, March 18, 2008

small changes can make a BIG difference

Yesterday on one of our weekly Monday morning 'dates', my friend and neighbour Jenn helped me re-arrange our living room furniture. Really we didn't make too many changes, but it made a huge difference.

Here are the Before pictures (which aren't entirely accurate...these pictures were taken last July when we first re-arranged our living room after we did some painting. Things got slightly changed between then and yesteday, but it's pretty close).


And here are the After pictures.




My favorite part: the area by the living room window. Not only does it make the room seem more spacious, but when the curtains are open and the natural light comes through -- it makes the room seem a whole lot brighter than when the love seat was along that wall.


I'm looking forward to the next project that Jenn will help me with...hmmm...what will we tackle next? The kitchen? The front entrance closet? Or maybe the basement? (that one would take up a few Monday mornings...) She may just regret offering to help me!

15 comments:

Pam said...

love the changes!

I'm so glad you have a friend so close that you can hang out with and keep you company. Too bad it isn't me.

And if I didn't say it before - I WANT to be invited to read your blog when you go private.

Xandra said...

I LOVE rearranging furniture! It makes such a huge difference and costs absolutely nothing. My kind of make-over! I wish I lived close enough to help you switch things around every once in a while....

Your living room looks great!
Xandra

Erin said...

That looks great! I really like the chair by the window. Very nice job, guys!

Louise said...

Looks great!! Isn't rearranging fun I just did that the other day too...gotta love it!!

MamaGeek said...

Can I rent Jenn? You have a beautiful living room and home Andrea! I love the colors - so warm.

Kellan said...

It looks great! I love how changing a room around can make the room seem so much bigger or feel so different - like a brand new room - it's so fun!

Have a good Wednesday, ANdrea - see you soon. Kellan

Melanie said...

Ooooooo- very pretty. You have such a beautiful home!

TheVasquez3 said...

remember to add me to your list i REALLY want to be one of your readers...since as you know, i am a huge fan.

now on to your post...i love it! i love rearranging furniture. we have lived here for a year and our family room has been moved around atleast a dozen times. i love the after feeling, everything just feels cleaner and fresh!!

i am inspired!

Marie said...

Looks great! I love rearranging the furniture!

Erin said...

when ur done do u want to head over my way?!?!

andrea said...

that chair must be so cozy with all that sunshine filtering in...the perfect spot to sit. great room...great orangizing and great friend...
hugs,andrea

Sandy said...

I love rearranging! It gives such a fresh feeling :)

Melissa said...

Looks great
You would never know you have 2 lil ones:)

Hazel said...

wow, its neat and comfortable

Rebecca said...

Looks great! Do you alternate Monday's and rearrange her house as well?