Wednesday, March 12, 2008

these boots shoes were made for walking...

(edited: Okay, so after further thought, I suppose 'my first time in heels' isn't quite true. I have worn heels to events such as my graduation, and weddings that I have been involved in. But this is my first time in many, many years -- and also, it is my first time with a pair of heels to wear on a regular basis. That would be more accurate.)
...and that's just what they did!

But first they took a little 'trip' with me as I slipped going down my porch steps first thing this morning. Not the most graceful way to start my way off to work (and I'm hoping no neighbours were watching out their windows...Jenn?), but this was my first time wearing heels. And it didn't take long before I was walking like a pro in them.

16 comments:

TheVasquez3 said...

wow first time wearing heels...like EVER?! i think i read that wrong i need to go back and check.

TheVasquez3 said...

i read it right...i love the "hem" of your jeans...i know my jeans are PERFECT when they start fraying like that!!

Leeann said...

Hot Mama Shoes! Something I could never wear, because I would be 6'3" and people look at you weird when you tower over them. LOL

Jenn said...

I missed out on that little trip. :)
They look great! Seriously your first, first time in heels??

ValleyGirl said...

It's been FOREVER since I've worn heels, too. Probably hasn't happened since my wedding. Hope you're not too stiff and sore from the trip.

Kelly said...

Cute Shoes!

Louise said...

First time wearing heels?? WOW go girl!!

Roo said...

very cute. wish i couldn've seen your asent this morning. :) gotta love those moments that keep us humble. :)

andrea said...

in your defence, it's really icy. i almost lost my balance wearing flats picking up kids from school today...right in front of the bus and all the kids watching. your heels look great. doesn't it feel more sexy/ confident in them unlike normal shoes? look good on you =) love you,

Heather said...

Oh girl! Them shoes are CUTE!!! Glad you didn't hurt yourself!

Pam said...

I love them! I am a heels and fun shoe girl! You go! Sorry you fell, but so glad you were rocking the heel world before long!

Rebecca said...

Your first time??? Wow! Cute shoes to start in!

Shari said...

I wore heals to my sister's wedding and looked ridiculous trying to walk around in them. I think I'll stick with my flat slip ons.

PamJ said...

youch!
watch out for that sexy mamma in heels ;)

Sharon Brumfield said...

Glad you didn't have to end up with a pillow to sit on!
Love the shoes!

Regina said...

Cute shoes! I hate heels, I carry my flats to work and only put the heels on if absolutely necessary!