Friday, March 7, 2008

the ultimate blog party '08

Ultimate Blog Party 2008
This is my first time participating in the Ultimate Blog Party hosted by 5 Minutes For Mom. I'd like to take a minute and welcome you to my humble abode. I hope you like it -- I decorated it myself!


**DING**
Oh -- that's my oven timer. My fresh bread is just coming out of the oven. Would you care for a slice? Nothing says "Welcome Here" like fresh bread. And isn't it the best smell? (I made this bread with my next-door neighbour Jenn -- who is also joining in the party fun, but she's serving a different scrumptious treat)

Now, what can I offer you to drink? A cup of hot tea maybe? Great! One sugar -- or two?

Don't mind me...I'll be chugging back this nice cold Pepsi. Let me know if you want one too (you don't have to know me for very long to know that I am a Pepsi-Addict!).

Oh -- you probably want to see what I look like without a blue can stuck to my face. Here I am. My name is Andrea and I am a 29 year old mother of 2 adorable daughters. I am a wife to my husband of 6 years and I work part-time outside the home. I am a Christian and I love to spend time with friends -- both the real life ones and the "Friends" on the popular TV show. I, of course, love to blog and have been doing it for about 9 months. I also enjoy reading, crocheting, shopping and eating. I blog about my kids most of the time, but I also share about my own personal joys and struggles -- and there are a lot of those!


Here is a picture of my beautiful family. My hubby, Les, usually prefers I don't talk about him very much on my blog (and anything I do say has to be run by him first!), so I won't say too much now either. I'll just say that God has blessed me with a wonderful man who is a fabulous father to our young girls.


Here is my first born: my 4 year old daughter Joelle. She is a charming young girl who is blossoming before my very eyes. It seems like such a long time ago when she was first brought into this world. She has brought me so much love and joy!

And my 'baby'...Malia (pronounced like Maria, but with an 'L'), who is 2 1/2 -- and in the beginning stages of potty-training. EEK!! This child is full of an energy that is like none other. She is a trouble-maker, but oh-so-sweet when she wraps her chubby little arms around my neck and proclaims her love for me!

And there you have it. That is me and my family in a nut-shell. I'd love it if you'd stick around for a bit and get to know us better. The best place to start is probably reading my post with 100 things about me -- it's all you ever wanted to know about me (and more!).

Once you're gone, I'll be over to return the visit in a little bit -- just let me clean up these bread crumbs and take Malia to the potty one more time...

26 comments:

Jenn said...

That's such a great party post! As usual, your girls are adorable!

Lori said...

what a fun post to read... and it's great to learn a bit more about you and your family!

Me & my puppies said...

You're girls are beautiful. I prefer tea, so put the kettle on!! and I'll stay and visit for awhile...It's nice to meet you.

Mocha with Linda said...

What fun. I LOVE bread. Especially warm. With butter. Tea's okay, but I prefer my mocha or a Dr. Pepper. (Can we still be friends?!)

One of these days your cute kids will be in middle/high school like mine and you'll wonder what happened to these potty-training days!!

Nice to meet you~

Heather said...

Your party post is way cooler than mine! I always love the surveys that you have on your sidebar.

Party on!

Pam said...

Yeah for the party! I'm on my way over now! I can't resist warm bread and a great friend ;)

storyteller said...

What a fun idea! I love freshly baked bread with butter and hot tea. I was once a Pepsi addict but have pretty much given it up these days. I enjoyed getting better acquainted with you and your family. Those little girls are QTs. I’m not a ‘mom’ so I’m not going to join this ‘party’ … but it’s fun to visit with some of you out there. I hope you make lots of new friends.
Hugs and blessings,

Tracye said...

I've enjoyed visiting your blog and reading about your beautiful family!

Just blog hopping today in celebration of the Ultimate Blog Party.

Great to meet you!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

It is nice to meet you. Thanks for having us over and your daughters are darling!

Mel's World said...

You have a great party post! Thanks for being such a gracious host and letting us "peek" into your life. Your girls are too precious and I TOTALLY love your hair! ;) (I am a hair chick...love colors, love product, love my stylist!)

Nice to meet ya!
Melissa in Mel's World

Nichole said...

Your little girls are so cute!

TheVasquez3 said...

you are so cool! this was my VERY favorite UBP post...and i have read several so far. i wanted to join the party, but life got in the way so i am just enjoying everyone else's.

you rock!

Susan said...

Hi,

I enjoyed your yummy bread with a nice cup of hot tea. Great hostess...

Your children are just beautiful!

Thanks for inviting us in.

Be blessed~

Xandra said...

Mmmm....warm, fresh bread! One of my favorite things ever.

You have the cutest girls!

Xandra

Mzzterry said...

What yummy bread & cute kids!

thanks. Bring the kids if you like & visit the party at my blog!!

Storm said...

Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

Who has time to scrapbook?!? said...

I love the Casting Crown song that you quote. I usually hear it on my way to work each morning! Your girls are cute! My girls (also 4 & 2) were fascinated with their funny face photos ;)

I hope you have a great weekend! You're welcome to stop by my party post!

Brittany said...

What a cute blog! I am party jumping!! I think I'll take a Pepsi, too.... ;)

beckyjomama said...

I am so glad you stopped by my little world. BTW - your blog is great! LOVE the name (Casting Crowns uh-huh!!!!!) and the feel of it all!
Your girls are beautiful too!!!!
Oh and I will take a slice of bread for SURE!!!!
Becky Jo

Melanie said...

What a lovely party you've hosted here! Of course I'm a regular but I hope it's okay if I still have a slice of bread.

It was nice to read your post and see your pictures.

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

What a welcoming host you are! I loved reading about your family - the girls are just gorgeous!

I'll be back...

Pamela said...

*sigh* I could go for some of your ice cold pepsi today!

Betsy said...

Such beautiful girls! Thanks for the fresh bread! YUM!

Reluctant Housewife said...

You have a beautiful family. And a very nice blog.

Happy blog partying!

Kate said...

Very fun to meet you via the PARTY!! Cute post and beautiful daughters you have! Have a blessed week!

Sprittibee said...

I've given up trying to get to every blog. :) Cute family! Come on over and get hooked at my place! Nice to run in to you at the party before the clock strikes 12!

Better get back to my carriage before it turns in to a pumpkin!

Visit my party post at:
http://sbees.blogspot.com/2008/03/blog-party-egg-stravaganza.html

I'm giving away some Pysanka Easter Egg Sleeves that are fun to decorate your eggs with and very pretty (Russian and Ukranian designs).