Saturday, March 22, 2008

twins separated at birth

It was March 21, 2008. Good Friday.

Twin #1 did a double-take as she looked across the room. She gasped and thought, "No, it can't possibly be! But wait...yes, it must be true!"

She always knew something was missing in her life. Like she wasn't quite complete. And now she knew why. She had a sister!! A twin sister.

Twin #2 was still oblivious to this piece of information. She was completely unaware that her life was about to change. Just call her the un-observant one of the pair.

A few moments passed before Twin #1 finally gathered up enough courage to approach her long-lost sister. She hesitated as thoughts of doubt and insecurities crept into every corner of her mind.

"What if she doesn't believe me?"

"What if she thinks I'm not good enough to be her sister?"

"What if she completely rejects me?"

In the end she decided it was worth the risk. She needed to reach out to her sister. They had a lot of catching up to do. Yes...she would do it.

Timidly she walked up to Twin #2 and quietly got her attention.

Twin #2 slowly turned around, did a double-take of her own, and before taking another breath, reached out to pull her sister in for a warm embrace.

"I thought I would never find you," Twin #2 said, fighting back the tears.

"What? You knew about me?" sniffed a surprised Twin #1.

"Oh yes. Our mother told me about you years ago. I finally found you shortly before Christmas. But just as I was about to approach you, this lovely woman purchased you and walked out of the store with you neatly folded in her Reitman's bag. And I thought you were out of my life forever."

Twin #1 was fascinated by this turn of events. Slightly overwhelmed, thinking this kind of thing only happens in the movies, she embraced her sister one more time as the tears streamed uncontrollably -- and unashamedly -- down her cheeks.

They were reunited at last.




Okay, so that was really corny. But it was a lot of fun!! My aunt and I enjoyed doing our little mini photo-shoot yesterday at our family gathering once we realized we were wearing the exact same jeans.

(Okay, not e-x-a-c-t-l-y the same jeans...the sizes are a bit different. I never said they were identical twins!)

17 comments:

Andrea said...

now that was funny...those are great jeans...i'm sure being reunited again brought much joy~

Andrea said...

now that was funny...those are great jeans...i'm sure being reunited again brought much joy~

TheVasquez3 said...

AWESOME!!!! i really like your story and the pics of your bums is hilarious! love it!

Pam said...

that was funny! so what if it was corny.....we all need to have fun at times!

I love that you took pictures of your backsides!

Great jeans by the way!!

Happy Easter Andrea!

Xandra said...

LOL! You are BRAVE to allow anyone to photograph your behind. My comment to anyone who happens to get a photo of me is, "head and shoulders only, please!"

That story was too cute!

Xandra

Margo said...

So funny! You know what's really funny ~ for a tiny second I was caught up in your story...until the part about the Reitman's bag. I will forever fathom my jeans sad and lonely now when I wear them without you. We must plan a reunion.

storyteller said...

I’ll be chuckling over this one …(and the two ‘snowman/woman/ posts)… for a while today. I just stopped by to wish you a Happy Easter!
Hugs and blessings,

Rhea said...

haha Cute story!

conradious said...

Toooooooo funny!!

Roo said...

nice bums!!! so happy they found each other again. :) (i LOVE happy endings)

Joanna said...

That was funny!

Melanie said...

You are too funny!!

Jenn said...

I was wondering where the story was going. Never would've guessed a pair of behinds! You've got a knack for story-telling, good writing!

Regina said...

How funny! I was all caught up until it said folded up, then I thought what in the world is this!!

Regina said...

By the way who took the butt pictures?

Sandy said...

Yay for fun and great pictures - with girls (see my post).
FUN, made me smile :)

Rhonda said...

Very cute story. I'm glad you explained. You had me, then didn't have me, then had me. My husband always teased me that I could be taken in easily. I thought I'd grown out of it.

First time visiting your blog. Nice to 'meet' you!

Rhonda