Wednesday, April 23, 2008

the calm before the storm **updated**

With the skies as clear, beautiful and calm as they were all day today -- and the beautiful spring-like temperatures -- it's hard to believe that there is currently a winter storm warning in effect.

This storm warning indicates that we could receive up to 10cm of snow or freezing rain by tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping we'll get more rain than snow...but you just never know.

**UPDATED April 24th: It Could've Been Worse**

We did have a very light dusting of 'the white stuff' when we woke up this morning. But most of the precipitation that fell came in the form of freezing rain.

13 comments:

Pam said...

What? NO! No more snow! I refuse to let it snow anywhere! Here's hoping you see rain and not snow!

common mom said...

It's so friggin' dry here I'd take pretty much any liquid that fell from the sky . . . wild fires abound, it's friggin' windy and blowing the dirt and dust all over, and the trees are pollenating . . . another yellow spring on the way if it doesn't rain - really hard - very soon.

And, I love snow :-) I'd love to have your warning . . . wanna trade places for a couple day? ;-)

Xandra said...

Isn't it April? LOL! You poor thing...I know you're ready for the winter to be finished and over.

Xandra

Roo said...

wild, heh? boo for the ice but YAH for the much needed moisture. :)

Jenn said...

let's hope those blue skies are back real soon!

Kellan said...

Yes, it looks like it could have been worse. I hope you get some sun soon. Take care - Kellan

Melissa said...

Manitoba weather- hmmm shorts last week and snow this week!

Carl & Kathy said...

I hate that coating of ice everywhere. Well, at least it's better than more snow. Okay, now spring can really come...no more teasing.

MamaGeek said...

Oh BLOODY HELL, that ain't right! We have snow predicted this weekend. HOLD ME. :(

Pam said...

well I am glad that it wasn't worse, but I am sorry you had ice!

wfbdoglover said...

my sympathy to you! I hope it melts fast!!!! I think our heat has been off a week now.

Erin said...

o yuck o! y can't it just be 70 degress everyday but christmas?

PamJ said...

none of it stuck out there?? wow. that's great! i want the warm/hot spring to come back - NOW!! lol...