Thursday, April 3, 2008

i believe in fairy-tale endings

I'm sure most of you didn't actually believe that I loved Les' new look of the bushy side chops in my previous post; that I loved the way his face-fur parted in the middle and opened up his face. No, for the record -- I was being sarcastic. In fact, some of the phrases that I believe I said to him included, "That looks hideous!" and "Why would you purposefully make yourself look ugly?" I know, pretty harsh. But he even admitted that it was ugly. I guess he was just having a little fun.

Anyway, I am extremely happy to report that my most wanted-hillbillie-amish handsome hubby has taken his spring shearing to the final level. Yes, ladies -- it a-l-l finally came off! And to show the stark contrast from beginning to end...see the below before and after pictures.


Quite the difference, hey? I gotta say, I missed that handsome face that was hidden underneath that thick carpet he called a beard.

He's still not smiling for the picture -- but he's at least letting me take and post these pictures, so I shouldn't complain, right?


And just for fun -- here is a collage of the progression from beginning to end. I guess it makes for interesting conversation, but I could've done without the in-between stages!


Looks like I finally got my happy hair-less ending afterall!

14 comments:

mama said...

ha ha ha that's too funny! Poor you:):)

Daphne said...

ooo he's a hottie, lol. I knew you were joking in the previous post! =)

PamJ said...

woot woot!!

common mom said...

Spring is in the air! Every spring my step-dad and FIL shave their Grizzly Adams beards in preparation for spring. The kids always think it's so funny to see them with full beards, then they go back 3 months later and see them with "naked faces" as they call it :-)

Got yourself a hottie!

Roo said...

i have to admidt...when i FIRST read that post i thought you were serious. then i showed brian and he was the one who assured me that you were joking! :) such funny pictures.

btw we tried out your peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe. mmmmm. we now have a new favorite cookie recipe. :) thanks for sharing it.

Melissa said...

This is soooo funny- Tim and I were looking at the last post and we liked the side burns a lot:)

Pam said...

still cracking me up!

Sharon Brumfield said...

This sooo reminds me of Keith. He grows all the stuff during the winter to keep his face warm and then cuts it away slowly just to drive me crazy.
Once he cut off half of his mustache and then went to bed.I just knew he was going to leave the house like that. He didn't--but he would have like to.
The only thing about when they cut it all away it takes my face awhile to toughen up to the new stubble.
Nothing like getting brush burn when you are kissing your husband. :)

Joanna said...

Okay I'm relieved to know you were kidding in your first post. I'm still laughing!

Anonymous said...

Did he get lucky that night, Andrea???
jackie

Xandra said...

Yeah, I think I like the post-Charles Manson look much better! LOL! I love it when Trevor shaves everything off. He's never done the full beard, but he's rarely without a goatee.

Xandra

Jenn said...

I think it is so funny that he looks happiest in the hillbilly picture!

Rebecca said...

LOL, glad he cleaned up for ya!

Kelly said...

Your husband sounds like my husband. My husband is alwaaaays scruffy with the beard etc. Funny thing though, he gotjob and there is a guy there scruffier than him and no one likes him. All of a sudden my husband is shaving like crazy. I don't think he wants to be associated with that guy. lol