Monday, April 7, 2008
It's been a few weeks since I've participated in Melanie's Meme monday, but it's not my fault -- nobody had been high-fiving me! Until this week...Louise wanted me to do this hoopla:
1. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and to ask them to play along and to read your blog.
What I was doing 10 years ago - 1998
Getting ready to graduate from Bible College and start my first full-time job as a receptionist at a computer store. I was single and getting ready to move in with my 3 roommates to 'the big city'. I guess it was really the year I realized what the real world was all about!
Five things on my to-do list today
1) Get Joelle ready for pre-school
2) Do some more organizing with Jenn
3) Teach piano lessons
4) Stay away from Pepsi
5) Put away laundry -- yes Jenn...it's s-t-i-l-l sitting on my couch, and it still will be when you come over later!
Snacks I enjoy
1) Tortilla chips and salsa...with Pepsi
2) Ripple chips and onion dip...with Pepsi
3) Chocolate easter bunnies
4) Chocolate-Peanut-Butter cookies
5) Popcorn...of course with Pepsi
Things I would do if I were a billionaire
1) Pay off any debt of me and my family members
2) Build my dream house (including my window seat that I have a-l-w-a-y-s wanted!)
3) Sponsor 20 (or more) needy children through an organization such as Compassion Canada
4) Go on a h-u-m-u-n-g-o-u-s shopping spree for clothes and shoes
5) Wake up, 'cause it's obviously only a dream (well, not that I really dream of being a billionaire -- can you imagine how nervous I'd be that my kids would be abducted for a huge ransom payment? Yeah, no thanks!)
Five of my bad habits
1) Drinking too much Pepsi
2) Biting my fingernails (I've gotten much better at this...now I usually just rip them instead of bite them -- wait...is that even better?)
3) Spending too much time on the computer (I'm also getting better than this)
4) Staying up too late
5) Throwing away fliers before Les has a chance to look at them (hey -- if I think they're JUNK, shouldn't he too?)
Five places i have lived
1) Calgary (that's where I was born)
2) "The City"
3) Small town south of "The City"
4) Small town slightly further south than #3
5) Small city 40 minutes away from "The City"
Five jobs I've had
1) Waitress (hated it!)
2) Retail clothing store (it was okay -- I was actually pretty good at it too!)
3) Dishwasher at the Bible college I went to (you know...to make a few extra bucks to go eat out when the cafeteria food was gross!)
4) Receptionist (I was good at it, but it wasn't my preference of what to do...especially the having to be happy first thing in the morning thing -- for those of you that don't know, I am NOT morning person but have improved in that area since having kids -- that was eventually a deal-breaker)
5) Accounting clerk (probably the job that interested me the most)
Five bloggers I high-five
3) Tammy -- ahem...maybe this will get her posting something again!