Saturday, April 12, 2008

life with my two-year-old...

...is often e-x-c-r-u-c-i-a-t-i-n-g-l-y challenging.
So when these special bonding moments happen -- I welcome them
with wide open arms.

And when these rare moments all too quickly come to a screeching halt, I e-a-g-e-r-l-y anticipate the next time this feisty toddler takes a short moment to very temporarily cease testing my patience and rather chooses to melt my heart with her undeniable sweetness and innocence.

And she unknowingly reminds me that the love I have for her is able to overcome the times when I feel like my parenting skills are spinning out of control and I am at a desperate loss.

10 comments:

Pam said...

What? We are supposed to feel confident in our parenting skills? No one told me that! Boy do I have lots of work to do then!

Glad you had a special moment and a memory to cherish. Yeah for that!

amy said...

I love to read and hear about these moments, thank you!

Roo said...

so sweet.
don't ya just want to bite those cheeks? (i have a hard time holding back from shilohs) ;)

Carl & Kathy said...

Life with a feisty child is never boring, that's for sure. Those special moments fill up our patience/love tank so that we don't run out when the goin' gets tough!

And I can see from the pictures and knowing you that you are a great Mother. Feisty turns into great confidence as a woman. You should be proud of that!

Joanna said...

All I can say is I now know why some animals eat their young - to keep what little sanity they have left! :)

Margo said...

Awwww ~ sweet pictures! You don't have to have all the answers to perfect parenting. Just love them, pray for them, seek God's wisdom and guidance day by day, and love them some more. I know you're doing a great job as a mommy!

A birthday party tonight? What's the number? Hope it goes really well! Enjoy.

Regina said...

aaawwwww, how special! What beautiful pictures!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hold on to thes moments tightly--as they get older they some so less often.
With a 10 and 18 year old--I can't remember the last time we had one of these moments.Or maybe they just look different--and if you don't look real quick, you miss them.

MamaGeek said...

A-men to that. Truer words have never been spoken!!

Kelly said...

I know what you mean. My daughter has never ben a snuggler, even as a baby she liked to be held facing out in a sitting type postition. I too savor those snuugy moments that occur once in a blue moon.